Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Garmin Portable Auto Friction Mount today (not the bag style). This thing really holds the GPS from moving anywhere! The bottom of the unit, that sits in the dash, looks almost like a Silicon type material. Anyone out there use one of these and does it leave any residue on the dash? I thought I read a review that said it does leave a mark. Most reviews do not mention any residue.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,398 Posts
I purchased a Garmin Portable Auto Friction Mount today (not the bag style). This thing really holds the GPS from moving anywhere! The bottom of the unit, that sits in the dash, looks almost like a Silicon type material. Anyone out there use one of these and does it leave any residue on the dash? I thought I read a review that said it does leave a mark. Most reviews do not mention any residue.
check here for another option

·
Premium Member
2004 slingshot yellow
41 Posts
:yellow: Yes it holds great, but it collects dust on the bottom that you can't get off and it does leave an oily spot on top of the dash..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have mine mounted in front of the speedometer. Works great, easy to see and you still see your speed as well as the posted speed limit and whether you are exceeding it. Garmin drivelux 51. It attaches to the stand magnetically. (very strong magnets)

The stand is mounted on a round disc that is attached to the bezel of the speedo and is on that with the usual suction cup, which, yes, occasionally turns loose without warning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts