Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How is everyone else doing on gas mileage?

My first tank was just over 13 mpg. I drove it a total of 300 miles the last two days and it averaged about 18 mpg.

My Corvette gets 28 mpg on the same 300 miles with 405 hp but I don't know which is the most fun.

:confused

:thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Gas

After 5000 miles (mostly highway), I have an average of 17mpg.
On the highway I average between 19 and 20.

My Z28 gets about 25 mpg, but it's been sitting, doing nothing since I brought the SSR home. (I did drive it to the store last week, just to keep it working.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think GM says the SSR weight is 4,760 lbs. Irregardless, my MPG averages 16.7 and that is 2 lane hwy. driving around 65 to 70 mph and using Chevron 87 octane gasoline.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get 16.5 mpg on the Hwy at 80 mph but only 13.6 mpg in town with my foot in it:) I once went 55 mph for 1 hour and got 23 mpg. I will not be getting 23 mpg again ( can't drive 55 ) :jester

·
Registered
112 Posts
I do use a calculater normally but this was in the truck on cruise control for one hour on Hwy 5 in California which was smooth and flat for miles using their gauge which seams to be right per tank full.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Curb weight is 4700 lbs

GVWR is 6050 lbs (qualifies for tax benefits)

Now if someone can tell me what the difference is between the 2...

·
Registered
413 Posts
weight

curb weight is weight of vehicle gvw is weight of vehicle plus payload(passengers and gear)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.