Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How is everyone else doing on gas mileage?

My first tank was just over 13 mpg. I drove it a total of 300 miles the last two days and it averaged about 18 mpg.

My Corvette gets 28 mpg on the same 300 miles with 405 hp but I don't know which is the most fun.

:confused

:thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Gas

After 5000 miles (mostly highway), I have an average of 17mpg.
On the highway I average between 19 and 20.

My Z28 gets about 25 mpg, but it's been sitting, doing nothing since I brought the SSR home. (I did drive it to the store last week, just to keep it working.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think GM says the SSR weight is 4,760 lbs. Irregardless, my MPG averages 16.7 and that is 2 lane hwy. driving around 65 to 70 mph and using Chevron 87 octane gasoline.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get 16.5 mpg on the Hwy at 80 mph but only 13.6 mpg in town with my foot in it:) I once went 55 mph for 1 hour and got 23 mpg. I will not be getting 23 mpg again ( can't drive 55 ) :jester

·
Registered
35 Posts
8500 miles averaging 17.2 mpg. Mostly highway miles at a high rate of speed with brief trips around town with my foot in it.

Slingshot

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've been on the Road with ours most and we're getting around 19 MPG there, haven't been in town enough to find out yet.

Jim Beard
Little Rock
2003 Red SSR

·
Registered
112 Posts
I do use a calculater normally but this was in the truck on cruise control for one hour on Hwy 5 in California which was smooth and flat for miles using their gauge which seams to be right per tank full.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Curb weight is 4700 lbs

GVWR is 6050 lbs (qualifies for tax benefits)

Now if someone can tell me what the difference is between the 2...

·
Registered
413 Posts
weight

curb weight is weight of vehicle gvw is weight of vehicle plus payload(passengers and gear)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts