Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how to turn the gauge lights on all the time. I know there has to be an electric eye somewhere. On a bright sunny day the gauges are dark. But as the sun goes down the gauges get brighter and brighter. I what to cover the eye to keep the gauges bright all the time. Any ideas??

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
The ambient light sensor is up on the top of the dash in the center near the lower edge of the windshield. It also controls the automatic headlights.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,071 Posts
I want to know how to turn the gauge lights on all the time. I know there has to be an electric eye somewhere. On a bright sunny day the gauges are dark. But as the sun goes down the gauges get brighter and brighter. I what to cover the eye to keep the gauges bright all the time. Any ideas??
The daylight sensor is in the center of the dash, up by the windshield. You can cover it up and have the instrument lights on all the time........ The only drawback is that you will also have the headlights and all of the running lights on also. You can't have one without the other.

As an alternative, you can reach down and turn on the parking lights. This will light up the dash lights and all of the running lights except the headlights.

Regards,

Mike

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
Hey Mikey

I beat you by 1 minute, or fraction thereof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts