Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get into SSR starts up and I always look at gauge pod. I notice 13.5v so I thought it finally started reading correct voltage. It always reads 16v. But then I notice sitting in the garage I'm using 250lbs torque and it's 75 degrees. It's 19 in my garage. Sooooooo I'm hoping it's a fuse issue. Thoughts??

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Get into SSR starts up and I always look at gauge pod. I notice 13.5v so I thought it finally started reading correct voltage. It always reads 16v. But then I notice sitting in the garage I'm using 250lbs torque and it's 75 degrees. It's 19 in my garage. Sooooooo I'm hoping it's a fuse issue. Thoughts??
Stepper motors would be my guess.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I had an erratic fuel & temp. gauge. Took it to a mechanic who specializes in rebuilding existing gauges with new stepping motors. Problem solved, after I had spent the money at another shop, to replace the fuel pump with no resolution.

Good luck,
"SJA"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I must have some good "karma". Worked my 6hr shift went to leave, start SSR up and you guessed it gauges WORK!!!!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,453 Posts
Do the accessory gauges use stepper motors? I didn't think they do.
Well I guess I must have some good "karma". Worked my 6hr shift went to leave, start SSR up and you guessed it gauges WORK!!!!
Maybe loose connection, I may be wrong but I don't think the floor gages have stepper motors. Glad they are working now. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts