Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I tried some searches and couldn't find answers, so I'm checking to see if you've had similar problems with your Rs:

1: Fuel gauge stops working or goes straight down. This happens a lot to me, and sometimes it will work for a few months, then goes to being useless. The electronic fuel remaining display always works, but the needle on the gauge display will be no where within the ranges between E and F and is usually somewhere between the 3 o clock and 9 o clock on the bottom half of the 'clock'.

2. This rarely happens, but sometimes the speedometer just randomly stops working, and reads that I'm driving 20-40mph slower than my actual speed.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks guys!

:yellow::yellow:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,471 Posts
Hi guys, I tried some searches and couldn't find answers, so I'm checking to see if you've had similar problems with your Rs:

1: Fuel gauge stops working or goes straight down. This happens a lot to me, and sometimes it will work for a few months, then goes to being useless. The electronic fuel remaining display always works, but the needle on the gauge display will be no where within the ranges between E and F and is usually somewhere between the 3 o clock and 9 o clock on the bottom half of the 'clock'.

2. This rarely happens, but sometimes the speedometer just randomly stops working, and reads that I'm driving 20-40mph slower than my actual speed.

Try a search for stepper motors. There are several Fanatics that are willing to replace them for you if you decided that this is the problem. If you do not come across them in your search come back here and I am sure someone will provide names near you. There is also a DIY in the Power Point file I directed you to in another post.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,121 Posts

You need to pull your instrument cluster and send it to any one of 3 or 4 of us that can replace the stepper motors. This is a known issue and is easily remedied. You have a couple SSR Fanatics on the East Coast that repair them, so shipping your cluster to me for repair doesn't make much sense......

Dragon2U..... step in here, buddy.

Mike

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
And you can still drive it with the instrument cluster removed in necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts