Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my burple one a week. so far so good. a while back i noticed somebody had a suggestion that chevy keep up with this site. I hope they do. my comments so far, and would appreciate any feedback:
1. my paint job is "almost" perfect, couple places not perfect but not enough to risk making it worse at the dealer.
2. my top had a VERY small nick rubbed in the paint where it rubbed against two cables when it operated. this is on the roof behind the driver window. i put foam tape on the cables which i think did the job. these cables did not appear as though they could be tied out of the way, because they tighten up during top operation.
3.i was looking underneath, noticed there is NO Bumper in the rear! More or less the plastic cladding is stretched across the frame rails, and that's all i can see. Would this mean this vehicle is not required to meet the 5 mph rating?Of course this vehicle would be a nightmare to wreck anyway, can you imagine going through the repair proc?, special fenders, parts problems, etc? anyway, hope someone more knowledgeable can fill me in.
4. I would think on a vehicle like this they would put the compass/temperature display in the mirror as a lot of vehicles have this and it is handy. If anyone knows of aftermarket compasses that can be installed (decent of course) please let me know.
5. small complaint ( as to all convertibles) I wish the turn signal clicker was LOUD so that I remember to turn them off. I hate that stupid feeling when you realize youv'e gone on with them blinking. Altough I guess after a mile or so there is a message displayed, but who reads that all the time. And the signal indicator is in kind of a bad place on the dash. well, that's enough for now! thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Your preferences can be customized so that there will be a chime if the blinker stays on for more than 1/4mile. In 2 weeks I've been reminded to turn off the blinker twice.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I usually have the cd's up so loud I can't hear the chime, and just for a second when I realize it was on for so long I feel like and idiot, an idiot in a cooooollllll Truck though!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I to am looking for a temp display for my SSR, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Mirror with compass and temp

There is an earlier post that gives a website where you can order a mirror from the same mirror that is in the ssr and has the homelink, compass, outside temp and I believe some other features. I believe it was under the technical discussion heading. If I can find it I will post and tell you where it is.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone done this yet? Is it easy to install or do you have to run more wires from the mirror? :confused

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Rear view mirror

If you check on the website I posted there are installation instructions. You have to run more wiring to the mirror. I don't know how difficult it would be but I am going to check into it further. I would like to install it also if it's not to difficult.

·
Registered
45 Posts
compass

Not sure why there is no temp display, but according to Chevy, compass in rearview was so close to top motors it could not operate , so be careful about purchasing a mitocorp, it may not work.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I will have to check that out because I would sure like to have those features.

·
Registered
277 Posts
dmac said:
had my burple one a week. so far so good. a while back i noticed somebody had a suggestion that chevy keep up with this site. I hope they do. my comments so far, and would appreciate any feedback:
1. my paint job is "almost" perfect, couple places not perfect but not enough to risk making it worse at the dealer.
2. my top had a VERY small nick rubbed in the paint where it rubbed against two cables when it operated. this is on the roof behind the driver window. i put foam tape on the cables which i think did the job. these cables did not appear as though they could be tied out of the way, because they tighten up during top operation.
3.i was looking underneath, noticed there is NO Bumper in the rear! More or less the plastic cladding is stretched across the frame rails, and that's all i can see. Would this mean this vehicle is not required to meet the 5 mph rating?Of course this vehicle would be a nightmare to wreck anyway, can you imagine going through the repair proc?, special fenders, parts problems, etc? anyway, hope someone more knowledgeable can fill me in.
4. I would think on a vehicle like this they would put the compass/temperature display in the mirror as a lot of vehicles have this and it is handy. If anyone knows of aftermarket compasses that can be installed (decent of course) please let me know.
5. small complaint ( as to all convertibles) I wish the turn signal clicker was LOUD so that I remember to turn them off. I hate that stupid feeling when you realize youv'e gone on with them blinking. Altough I guess after a mile or so there is a message displayed, but who reads that all the time. And the signal indicator is in kind of a bad place on the dash. well, that's enough for now! thanks
Someone answered this question at another site. Herringtoncatalog.com It's got more stuff than needed for around$129.00, but have something for around $65.00 that you might like? Agree that for the money they could have tossed this in, even a Tahoe has it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think a mirror like that would be really nice. My wife has an H2 and it has all that in the rearveiw mirror. It is nice to see what the temp is outside just by looking there. I would consider doing it if there was not too much involved. I would not want to run any new wires unless they had a new wiring harness that came with it.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Fred Edick said:
Someone answered this question at another site. Herringtoncatalog.com It's got more stuff than needed for around$129.00, but have something for around $65.00 that you might like? Agree that for the money they could have tossed this in, even a Tahoe has it.

Heck - even my 1999 S-10 Blazer has temp and compass built in. :confused

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
My husband (aircraft mechanic and Pilot) said there is probably to much steel in the truck for the compass to work properly! makes sense if you think how a compass works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts