Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Gentex makes the oem inside mirrors for the SSR ? they have one that replaces the original but also has outside temp and compass.
$349.00 and comes with everything to make temp and compass work.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Thats a good job for you to check into and get back to us on. I will want a full report, young man. LOL Seriously, I don't know but it would be worth checking into. :agree

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First: Thanks for the YOUNG MAN compliment ! ! ! ! !
Second: I thought I was checking it out when I made the original post ! ! !
Third: Thanks for the YOUNG MAN compliment ! ! ! ! !

I'll keep checking:thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Genk60

I have talked with the gentex tech dept. and based on what they said the mirror should work. They run a double 5 row plug that should plug in the new mirror. They said that I should only have to run two wires to the temp. sensor.

I have just ordered a new 2006 and one of the first upgrades will be the Gentex mirror. Once I get the SSR, I will do some more checking.

I hope I won't need to add a relay as I did in my 2003 SSR.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Compass Mirror

Go to the Pontiac Solstice Forum listed at the bottom of this page. They are upset they don't have the mirror-compass combo either on their Solstice. One guy on there ordered the gentex mirror, I believe, and took the guts out and made one mirror so he could keep his night lights in the mirror!
Check it out. Im interested too. Just been to lazy to persue it. :)

Scott 0168

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Bill Scott said:
I've got their phone ## I'll give them a call tomorrow

Please keep us informed, I want one if it will work:seeya

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went on their web-site and they are the supplier for GM, so hopefully it should be an easy up-date. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK GANG ! ! !
Here's the deal : Gentex makes the OEM mirrors that we have and the reason they did not put the temp. and comp. mirror in the SSR is that with the metal top going up and down it causes slight errors in the compass that does correct it's self, but the quality control people at GM could not live with it so they nixed it. The guy that did the R&D was on the road and will be back in about 10 days, so I will get back to him and get the bottom line. However the fellow that I did talk knew exactly what I was talking about and what "WE" want ! ! ! ! ! !

STAY TUNED
MORRE TO COME:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bill Scott said:
I should have some information tomorrow as the guy from Gentex will be back in the office.
Ask him if the mirrors supplied to Chevrolet for the SSR can activate the blue mood lighting, or if they are hard wired to be only amber.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts