Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my SSR in to the shoppe yesterday (Monday) for my new headers, and while it was there, I mentioned to the service technician, that the cover on the passenger side airbag was coming off the dash, and could they pull it back in place.

Needless to say she called me yesterday to tell me they had to order a new airbag, because it too big? Something about it not stayin in its tight packing.

Anyway it may be awhile before it comes in. I will have to talk to her today to find out the dangers of having it the way it is now.

Anyone else have similiar problems?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Airbag

I have the same problem ,the edges are beginning to stick up.I pushed them back but will not stay down. What dealer are you useing ?? I bought mine from Frank Parra,Their service SUCKS! :seeya Kay :ssr

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Ditto here, Mike and Furykay

I keep pushing the left side back in as it comes out continually. I'll check it out when I go to the dealer on Thursday.

You know Mike, it might be from too much "hot air".

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you tryin to tell me I eat too much mexican food? :seeya

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Furykay said:
I have the same problem ,the edges are beginning to stick up.I pushed them back but will not stay down. What dealer are you useing ?? I bought mine from Frank Parra,Their service SUCKS! :seeya Kay :ssr

Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. I dont think it is an airbag problem myself, but without taking the dash cover off, who is to say.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've used Frank Parra Chrysler Jeep service department for the last three years, and have been very satisfied with them in general. Of course, their Chevy service department may be another story, entirely.

Same story for Huffines in Lewisville (I-35E near Business 121).

My SSR is so new I haven't had it in for service yet. Can anyone in the north Dallas metro area say they love their Chevy service department? (Names of service techs or managers would be appreciated.)

·
OP
8,226 Posts
you will

My SSR is so new I haven't had it in for service yet.

Can we all say "BITE ME" at the same time?

All in fun, unfortunately though, you will for something or the other, your VIN is newer than mine and I am on my 6th visit to the dealer, owned since end of June...

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Hey had mine in for several issues, and normal service, Van Chevy on I-35 Jr. is the service rep. and they have worked with me when they couldn't get a problem fixed!!!! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

·
Registered
416 Posts
ampmop said:
Can we all say "BITE ME" at the same time?

All in fun, unfortunately though, you will for something or the other, your VIN is newer than mine and I am on my 6th visit to the dealer, owned since end of June...
Ok, Ampmop, bend over! :D

I wasn't bragging or trying to rub it in; I bought mine used in late July with < 500 miles, and only 2,700 on it now. So far, so good, but I know it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong. The SSR's appeal isn't its low maintenance requirements!

Thanks, Wildcat66, for the reference to Van and "JR." I almost bought a new SSR from them, until I found the used one I ending up buying. Fortunately, I can probably get to their service department without bumping into the sales guys with whom I dealt.

<<Incidentally, my most recent encounter with Frank Parra (Jeep) service (this week) wasn't all that favorable, so I'm going back to Huffine's. Maybe I'll give their Chevy service department a try, before driving down the road to Van.>>

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Frank Parra calls Van for help on fixes for SSR's!!! Maybe best to deal with someone who has worked on the problems you are having with the SSR!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts