Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR has been in the paint shop for 1 1/2 weeks for Pearl Red Ghost Flames. I pick it up tomorrow but I thought I would post a few prep pics. Finished pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't wait

Hi Machell, Thank you. It has been a terrible 1 1/2 weeks. I've really missed the SSR. Every evening when it cools off I really missed going for a top down ride. You're right, I am excited and tomorrow seems a long way off. I'll get it out in the sun and post some more pics as soon as I can. Thank's again.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks guys. Hi praise indeed. I thought about it for awhile, trying to decide what to do. My wife wanted ghost flames from the day I picked it up. The painter painted up 4 color samples for me and I spent about 3 hrs. looking at them and trying to make up my mind. It was between Pearl Gold and Pearl Red and the more I looked I was leaning toward the red. I showed the samples to my wife and it took her about 3 seconds to say, PEARL RED. Of course you can see that I agreed right away.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice I love the Ghost effect. :thumbs
I been waiting for mine for 4 weeks since I got rear ended :mad
I hope you enjoy your ride tomorrow
Later

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can feel your pain.

SSRcobra said:
Very nice I love the Ghost effect. :thumbs
I been waiting for mine for 4 weeks since I got rear ended :mad
I hope you enjoy your ride tomorrow
Later
Thanks, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't hardly wait a week and a half. Do you have it back now or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Cool Flames!!!

Lloyd.

AWESOME FLAMES!!!!!:thumbs

Can't wait till tomorrow to see it at Beachside Cafe.

RickSSR :cool

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cost

The painter I went to sanded both doors, both front fenders, the hood, and the complete front end. He laid out the flames, masked the whole car, painted the flames and then cleared over everything that was sanded. He then wet sanded with 2000 grit paper to take out any ridges and then washed and polished. He also color matched the engine cover and is doing ghost flames on there also. He didn't get that done so I have to go back Monday to pick it up. All said and done, out the door. $1800.00.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Feeling the pain

Thanks, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't hardly wait a week and a half. Do you have it back now or are you still waiting?
I am picking it up in 2 days.
Then I will be installing a Magnacharger I got for it so I will be down a couple of more days
Then of to Woodward Ave. :jester

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ghost flame pics

Here are the pics I promised. Like I said, it's hard to get pics of ghost flames.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Very Awesome!
Nicely done. It looks very nice. In fact it insired me to save up some money and get something like that done to my black one...not pearl red, but a dark color. Looks very good on yours! Way to go!!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Engine cover pics

Just picked up my engine cover today. Had Mr. D color match and put the ghost flames on the engine cover also. This was included in the price of the ghost flames on the car.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts