Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about adding Ghost Flames to my silver SSR...would like them to flow back from the lowest front portion of the truck, not just from the body line, across hood and front fenders, to mid door or so...want something that is just barely visible, was told a gray or silver ghost flame would be what I"m looking for...was looking for some input from some of you paint guys on what would be best and what I should look forward to spending on something like this...
Thanks for any help and direction you offer. :ssr

·
Just a voyeur now...
154 Posts
Plain vs. colored flames

I'm not a painter, but I know a great one, and he repainted my black Dodge truck with ghost flames. This was a complete paint job, using better paint than factory paint, and it still looks very good seven years later. I just wanted to point out that with ghost flames, you can use whatever colors you like. They don't have to be close to the base color. The key is to have a real experienced professional do the work. As I said, my truck is black and we went with purple and blue in the flames, followed by many coats of clear. The way the 'ghosting' is done, the flames are only visible under the right lighting conditions. I used to drive the truck to work every day (before I got Bluish), and it never ceased to amaze me when people who had seen the truck every day for months would come up to me and ask if I just got the flames put on. Luckily for you, you're in an area where you have access to lots of good painters. I'd suggest talking to some of them, and seeing whose ideas (and maybe portfolio) look the best to you.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Get with Lloger on this site. His is yellow but has a nice set of flames. He's in So Cal and can point you to his paint guy..

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Silver Bullit said:
I am thinking about adding Ghost Flames to my silver SSR...would like them to flow back from the lowest front portion of the truck, not just from the body line, across hood and front fenders, to mid door or so...want something that is just barely visible, was told a gray or silver ghost flame would be what I"m looking for...was looking for some input from some of you paint guys on what would be best and what I should look forward to spending on something like this...
Thanks for any help and direction you offer. :ssr
I sent you a PM about the ghost flames. My painter is very good and pretty reasonable.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Know of anyone that can do flames in DFW?

I have a red SSR. Looking for someone to do the flame thing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. anyone......anyone?

:ssr

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Check with Christian Bros. in Garland. They're on shiloh by Hypermart. They are the best body men around and I know they do great pinstriping. If they can't do the flames, I bet they will know who can. :thumbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts