Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2003 SSR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89 year old grandpa gave me his SSR
And told me to take care of his baby. He had been bummed out because the roof quit working a few years back. I can’t wait to get the module back that is currently getting fixed so I can go pick him up and take him on a ride.

· SSR Believer
4,219 Posts
And told me to take care of his baby. He had been bummed out because the roof quit working a few years back. I can’t wait to get the module back that is currently getting fixed so I can go pick him up and take him on a ride.
What a great grandson! (y)

Glad to hear that you're getting the roof door module (RDM) repaired by Mike at Simple Engineering. No one else is able to repair the SSR's RDM and if someone tries they may damage it to where it can no longer be fixed. RDMs are über rare and expensive to buy on the open market. (The most recent one I saw on eBay was going for $3,000).

Otherwise, good for you and what a great grandson! ;)

· Registered
2003 SSR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great grandson! (y)

Glad to hear that you're getting the roof door module (RDM) repaired by Mike at Simple Engineering. No one else is able to repair the SSR's RDM and if someone tries they may damage it to where it can no longer be fixed. RDMs are über rare and expensive to buy on the open market. (The most recent one I saw on eBay was going for $3,000).

Otherwise, good for you and what a great grandson! ;)
Yes thank god for mike at simple engineering.
I have been trying to get it fixed for him for years now and am so happy they can fix them now.

· BLU SSR
4,157 Posts
WELCOME from Quincy,Illinois
Tell us where you are and there may be a Fanatic in your area that can take a look and confirm that the RDM is the problem. Dealerships and shops who are not familiar with SSRs are notorious for misdiagnosing and blaming the RDM whenever the roof quits.
Having a Fanatic take a look could could save a lot of time and money!!

· Premium Member
7,045 Posts
@Chris walden, Was your Grandfather a member here? If not how did you find us and Mike to do the RDM? Also--
Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you. Go to last page to add your information.

Nick & Kathy

· Premium Member
2,922 Posts
You are one lucky person. Sounds like you take great care of your grandpa. Life is Good. Enjoy the ride. 👍🇺🇸🤠

· Registered
2003 SSR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Chris walden, Was your Grandfather a member here? If not how did you find us and Mike to do the RDM? Also--
Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you. Go to last page to add your information.

Nick & Kathy

Nick & Kathy
No he has never been on the internet. I would look for SSR roof door modules from time to time but could never find one then a few months back when I was searching and felling frustrated knowing my grandpa is running out of time I found this form and read mike just fixed a few so I got all excited.

· Super Moderator
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
6,159 Posts
What a blessing it is for your Grandpa to gift his "Baby" to you! Something I believe many of us hope that a child or grandchild may cherish our truck as we do! Welcome to our forum and we look forward to perhaps meeting you at some Fanatic activity! The friendships we develop because of our cool little trucks are second to none! Welcome from the Buckeye State!

· Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
1,581 Posts
What a day brightener your story is, @Chris walden ! Please take some pictures when you take your Grandfather for a ride in your truck with the convertible top restored to operating condition! Welcome to the Fanatics Forum from Central PA (Enola).

· Premium Member
155 Posts
Welcome from NE Maryland, and welcome to the Fanatic Family, you won't be bored here!
As we often hear when talking about classics, the story to go with the vehicle can be as interesting as the vehicle itself.
You and your grandpa make such a story...get that roof down and take him for a ride...I'll bet his PermaGrin will return!😁
And maybe you can get him to get on the internet....never too late to learn!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts