Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to start the planning for our Spring Fling to the Dragon's Tail, what dates should we start looking at?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just an Idea

I think I can get the Murphy, NC Chevrolet dealer to let us meet there on a Saturday morning, we could caravan to the Dragon's Tail and maybe go to Maggie Valley afterwards for a cookout and maybe spend the night at Gina's motel (assuming Gina is still up for the cookout part!), just thinking out loud, see what others think

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I had been wanting to mention this but kept silent due to the closing of the Lansing plant and all the trip planning for that. May is a great time for us except for Memorial Day. It is one of our slower months and we would be able to participate for the most part. I could line up the museum tour and other fun stuff. Sunset at Waterock Knob (about 8 miles from the motel) would be an awesome photo op with a bunch of SSR's in the foreground. How does a weekend in May work for everyone?

Memorial day is the only one that isnt good for us. I have a 2-3 night minimum then plus I would just be busy and couldnt be a good hostess.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about.....

The weekend before Memorial day? From past experience, its good to put a date out there so more people can plan to make it.
( How do you like having a thread named after you?):glol

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
big-daddy said:
The weekend before Memorial day? From past experience, its good to put a date out there so more people can plan to make it.
( How do you like having a thread named after you?):glol

That weekend is fine by me.

Nice name for a thread. Are you coming to the beach before March 20th?

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,827 Posts

If you offer a rusty bottle cap for a long distance trophy, Brenda and I are coming down. Just have to mis-match the weekends with our Michigan / Ontario gathering. Are you considering May 20th? Can we come play?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
REBEL said:
If you offer a rusty bottle cap for a long distance trophy, Brenda and I are coming down. Just have to mis-match the weekends with our Michigan / Ontario gathering. Are you considering May 20th? Can we come play?

I think I can come up with a little better trophy that that.
That weekend works for us. Anybody else?

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,827 Posts

Nothing better needed that’s enough excuse for us to come down. You now have an international event. I have been hopeing all winter you might set an event up. We love that area and now with the SSR I can really make Brenda swear coming through the mountains. :eek

WOW_FCTR .....You in on this?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
REBEL said:
Nothing better needed that’s enough excuse for us to come down. You now have an international event. I have been hopeing all winter you might set an event up. We love that area and now with the SSR I can really make Brenda swear coming through the mountains. :eek

Great, I will start working on some ideas I have for stuff to do.
Any gamblers out there? If I get enough that want to go, Harrahs will send a bus over the mountain for us. I did this for a bike group I had one time.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,328 Posts
Hmmmmmm, sounds like fun, guess I'll see if we can make it too.

Gina said:
I think I can come up with a little better trophy that that.
That weekend works for us. Anybody else?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
REBEL said:

Looks like most of my weekends are free....I would love to be driving around in the mountains (or hills for those people out west).

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's do it

It looks like that weekend is good, so let's agree to lock it down and start talking it up!

"Hauling ass on the Dragon's Tail" May 19 -21

Gina, can you repost your photos from your run on the tail?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wildcat66 said:
Before it gets Lost in the thread maybe you should start a Thread with That Title!:)
Good idea!

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
big-daddy said:
It looks like that weekend is good, so let's agree to lock it down and start talking it up!

"Hauling ass on the Dragon's Tail" May 19 -21

Gina, can you repost your photos from your run on the tail?

Big-Daddy
I posted it on the new thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts