Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my girlfriend is mad because I didn't tell her I had bought the SSR back in November. She just happen to pass by my friends house today and saw my plates that were on my 350Z now on the SSR and she knew I had been looking at the SSR for a while. Now she feels she can't trust me. I was just going to drive by her place on a nice day and be sitting outside in it when I'm suppose to pick her up. She went off like she bought it and had to pay for it. She probably won't call for awhile now.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
Stress brings it out

Maybe you need to re-evaluate some life decisions.....

What is the root problem here? SSR purchase? Think carefully before you answer on an open forum of SSR owners.

Mikey:jester

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Friends House

SS My R Well my girlfriend is mad because I didn't tell her I had bought the SSR back in November. She just happen to pass by my friends house today and saw my plates that were on my 350Z now on the SSR and she knew I had been looking at the SSR for a while.

Who's house were you really at? :lol :lol:reddevil

·
Registered
374 Posts
SS My R said:
Well my girlfriend is mad because I didn't tell her I had bought the SSR back in November. She just happen to pass by my friends house today and saw my plates that were on my 350Z now on the SSR and she knew I had been looking at the SSR for a while. Now she feels she can't trust me. I was just going to drive by her place on a nice day and be sitting outside in it when I'm suppose to pick her up. She went off like she bought it and had to pay for it. She probably won't call for awhile now.
You've been hiding it from her for all these weeks, or you haven't seen her, wha?

Dude, if your girl friend is PO about ANYTHING you do with your money, you earn, now when you are not married.... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

I have a different problem, but basically the same answer. My ex-wife (divorced 20
years ago this month, she's remarried with 2 kids by him) found out I bought an SSR, now hits me up for "a loan" because she and hubby are having financial problems and "I have so much money I can buy an expensive toy like that."

The answer (and I offer it to you, my friend, to use as well), is two simple words.

The second one of which is "off."

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotrodgirl said:
Who's house were you really at? :lol :lol:reddevil
I was at a friend of mines house and he and his wife and daughter were there plus another good friend. She knew I was there and is friends with them also.
She's just mad because I didn't tell her I had bought the SSR. I'm single live by myself have my own money so what's the beef.

She didn't complain about the QX 56 the 350Z or the HHR all of which I surprised her about.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
Re-evaluation is always painful

Look closely into your heart and make a decision. It needs to be one that you can live with for the rest of your life.:skep

Hint- - - - SSRs are going out of production........ Availability will soon be limited to ones with high miles or problematic recalled units. Even worse, the ones that nobody can stand to live with any more.......:willy:

You decide.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
SS My R said:
I was at a friend of mines house and he and his wife and daughter were there plus another good friend. She knew I was there and is friends with them also.
She's just mad because I didn't tell her I had bought the SSR. I'm single live by myself have my own money so what's the beef.

She didn't complain about the QX 56 the 350Z or the HHR all of which I surprised her about.

SS My R

I was only joking with you! You kinda let the door open for me on that one.

To better understand this stituation how old is she and how long have you been dating her? If you don't mind me asking.

Did she buy her car without you knowing?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
How could you keep her from seeing the car for 2 months?? Do you drive another car as well?

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
SS My R....A very wise person once told me something to always remember:

If its got t!ts or wheels, its gonna give ya trouble! Get used to it.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Hell I would be P.O. to if everyone in town knew but me. Surprise is good, but you waited to long …. Even I will never Date you now.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike in AZ said:
Look closely into your heart and make a decision. It needs to be one that you can live with for the rest of your life.:skep

Hint- - - - SSRs are going out of production........ Availability will soon be limited to ones with high miles or problematic recalled units. Even worse, the ones that nobody can stand to live with any more.......:willy:

You decide.
There is no decision to make. We've been seeing each other for several years. I'm single and retired and if this makes that big of a difference then she has a problem. The SSR is not going anywhere nor do I think she is. We have been through bigger problems in the past: this is nothing. There is no decision to live with except how much fun I'm going to have just applying Zaino and Crusing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dude, if your girl friend is PO about ANYTHING you do with your money, you earn, now when you are not married.... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

:agree :agree :agree

If she is jealous of your SSR she has real materialistic problems. Maybe she is :mad :cuss that you didn't spend the money for a ring:confused

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ricochet said:
How could you keep her from seeing the car for 2 months?? Do you drive another car as well?
I drive a QX 56, HHR and SSR. Two stay in one garage and one in another: plus she never has a reason to go to the garage. The one that is not in my building she never knows whats in there, I switch them like the weather. Plus I try to ride with her most of the time when we go out.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PocoToro said:

:agree :agree :agree

If she is jealous of your SSR she has real materialistic problems. Maybe she is :mad :cuss that you didn't spend the money for a ring:confused
No she is not jealous of the SSR in fact she's not into cars at all.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hotrodgirl said:
SS My R

I was only joking with you! You kinda let the door open for me on that one.

To better understand this stituation how old is she and how long have you been dating her? If you don't mind me asking.

Did she buy her car without you knowing?
She's fifty and it's been five years.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike in AZ said:
I hope you know this is all in good fun....
Of course I do or I never would have mentioned it on this forum.:banghead :banghead :banghead

1 - 20 of 172 Posts