Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im Jack ,Ive got a 2004 SSR the BumbleBee. Yellow with black stripes. I love it .I would love to meet and ride together with other R owners.
I also have an issue with a little water on pasenger floor after rain . Im hoping it a cloged drain .
i could use some help or advice ,please.
Thanks
Jack::laugh:

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. A couple of people had the same problem with water on the passenger floor. One was a clogged drain by the wipers and the most recent one was a seal failure where the top and door meet in the corner by the pillar post. The last one was fixed with sylicone caulk. Maybe they will chime in with exact problem and how to fix it. When fixed make sure to dry carpet thoroughly or it will smell moldy eventually. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Well Jack, :00000732: aboard !!! Sorry I can't help you with your water problem, but there is somebody on this web site that is a "Roto Rooter" expert. Give us a little info, like where do you live, how long have you had your SSR. There's no such thing as too many details ... that is unless you're in the witness protection program. Can't meet and ride unless we know where you are. Hope you're in the Middle Tennessee area. Again :0000732: to the SSRfanatic world. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Jack,

Welcome to the forum (and to the family) from Middle Georgia. :grin2:

When you have a second please update some information about yourself and let us know where you live and share some information about your SSR (year/transmission/color/etc). This helps us find someone close to you that may be able to come over and help if needed. You can update your information by clicking on "User CP" at the top right side of the page. Then look on the left side of the next page for "Your Profile - Edit Your Details".

After doing that, please check the following links...other owners HAVE had similar problems.

Link 1

Link 2

Again, Welcome.

Alex

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Welcome from northeast Texas I had same problem once don't know what happened but it never leaked again.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Jack first and foremost A Big Hearty Welcome To The Best Family Any Where you will be able to get all the 911 you need on your R here on this Forum now back to the leak mine was leaking 2 weeks ago on the passenger side as well after some suggestions from other R owners I found mine leaking we're the roof seal meets the windshield a little silicone did the job no more leak good luck

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,305 Posts
Welcome from the Buckeye State! As you're figuring out, this is the best place to find solutions to any problems and especially to meet other Fanatics!
Enjoy that PERMAGRIN! :grin2:

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,289 Posts
WELCOME, Jack . . . from Southern Arizona.

A leaking Slingshot Yellow SSR? IMPOSSIBLE.

Slingshot Yellow SSRs are PERFECT and NEVER LEAK.

Just in case . . . have you checked the Window Indexing?

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Hi Jack
Welcome to the SSR family , from a So Cal SSR'er.
You have come to the right place for anything SSR, great people, great info and great trucks.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Welcome Jack,
I have never had a leak problem, but a nearby SSR friend of mine did. So, after examining his and mine "pillar" moldings, we noticed his was missing some "filler" tubing that mine had. So we added a ~2" long piece 3/8" foam rope window sealer from Lowes... and "vuala"! No more leak!
Just need something to help push out the molding for a better seal.
The pictures are of my SSR.
:ssr
Brian

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
Welcome to the family Jack. Be aware the padding under the carpet is an inch thick an doesn't cover the whole floor. That leaves a space under there that will hold at least a quart of water before it even reaches the carpet, so you have to pull the carpet up at least enough to fold it back and fish the padding out to dry that out. Otherwise it's going to smell like your high school gym locker. :puke:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts