Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troy,

I know you are still perfecting the new format, so this stuff might already be in the works (forgive me and forget this post if it is), but I thought you should be informed, just in case. My "View First Unread" doesn't work right. It will often go to the first post of the thread, even if I have read it. When I first got on the new version, I thought it was a matter of the old info not carrying over. I have veiwed every single post to clear this and it seemed to work for a while. It does appear to be worse after I post a reply to one of the threads.

The "Forum Contains New Posts" icon is neat, but it has the related problem of always showing, even when I think I have read them all.

Thanks for all you do. If these problems are not worth addressing, I am satisfied.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
View new

I have had no problems with going to the first unread message.

As for showing messages as new even after you read them, I seems to me that there is a time window involved. If you waited a half hour and looked again, I believe that you would not have new, unread messages (unless someone posted in the past half hour). I'm not sure what the exact time is, but it's somewhere between 5 minutes and a half hour.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Me too.

What I recall was that going back to the view of threads was updating perfectly.

In the last N days, using the back arrow has been showing threads that still report unread items. The only way I see that resolves this, is to make sure and use the jump to forum at the bottom of the thread page.

·
Registered
347 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
I have had no problems with going to the first unread message.

As for showing messages as new even after you read them, I seems to me that there is a time window involved. If you waited a half hour and looked again, I believe that you would not have new, unread messages (unless someone posted in the past half hour). I'm not sure what the exact time is, but it's somewhere between 5 minutes and a half hour.
Exactly. The time frame is set to half an hour.

·
Registered
347 Posts
btw... I can change this setting. It also changes the who's online display though.

I like being able to see who has been online over the last half hour. That is why I set it to 30 minutes. I can shorten this if everyone feels strongly about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts