Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kathy went to open glove box and it was not working well.

You can see why in pictures.

Dam thing, ONLY 17YRS OLD!

Plastic cup cracked/broke and I was lucky I didn't have to drill out handle.

On my HOW TO LIBRARY: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

Look up GLOVE BOX HANDLE REPAIR

I had to use MY How to Library. Came in very handy, piratically on how to remove LOCK cylinder.

Put on NEW Latch and ALL is good.

Dicktator

Handle broke, release rod won't stay in channel. Door won't open. Picture of Part#
Yes, they are available.

Attachments

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,350 Posts
Hey Dick, ours broke just before Cincy Rally. I think plastic is just getting old and brittle. That latch is under constant tension from both the latch spring and latch retainer clip, and there is a weak point the way that latch is constructed. Glued ours back together with JB black plastic weld. Found a nice EBONY BLACK one from Pontiac Torrent on Ebay.

SSR wheel center caps getting brittle from age these days even without abuse as well. Kinda like me.....

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
51,109 Posts
Kathy went to open glove box and it was not working well.

You can see why in pictures.

Dam thing, ONLY 17YRS OLD!

Plastic cup cracked/broke and I was lucky I didn't have to drill out handle.

On my HOW TO LIBRARY: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

Look up GLOVE BOX HANDLE REPAIR

I had to use MY How to Library. Came in very handy, piratically on how to remove LOCK cylinder.

Put on NEW Latch and ALL is good.

Dicktator

Handle broke, release rod won't stay in channel. Door won't open. Picture of Part#
Yes, they are available.
Dick how long have we been telling you to read the Dicktator's How to Library, Oh wait maybe you have been telling everyone else to read it.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dick how long have we been telling you to read the Dicktator's How to Library, Oh wait maybe you have been telling everyone else to read it.
Kathy said "READ THE HOW TO LIBRARY"! "You tell everyone else too".

OK! I get sixty lashes with a wet noodle!!

Only proves I am a man, read instructions AFTER.

Dicktator

·
SSR AZ CREW
494 Posts
Yup, mine was broken at the local Chevy dealer. It was an attempted break in while locked. They never got it to open. I bought a good used assy and after a day of playing with it viola! it's good as newish. Now I don't lock it anymore. I never did keep anything that would warrant locking the darned thing anyway. Ha!

·
Slingshot Rules!
83,018 Posts

Lesson Learned, @nulogic1 . . . I learned many years ago that locking the Glove Compartment amd/or the Console screams there is something of value inside.

Generally speaking, the expense to repair the damage by the thugs is much higher than the value of the contents.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts