Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed by accident a small glow of light coming from around my glove box when closed. The plastic light bracket had moved away from the contact point. I could have pulled it down into position, but I just decided to remove the bulb.
Another phantom draw eliminated ! :yesnod

:black: :smile2:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,006 Posts
I noticed by accident a small glow of light coming from around my glove box when closed. The plastic light bracket had moved away from the contact point. I could have pulled it down into position, but I just decided to remove the bulb.
Another phantom draw eliminated ! :yesnod

If you decide to install a new one, let me know. I have a box of brand new ones that came from Floyd/ASC.....

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,006 Posts
Not if its made out of plastic like the original. Over time the plastic loses it original shape!

I can mail you a new one, if you like. Maybe it's some defect with the one you have. Would be interesting to have a look at the two, side by side.

Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the same problem and fix it by sticking a small piece of plastic on the glove box door where switch come in contact.. A 2 minute job..........

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Also check to make sure the glove box door is closing completely. The metal hoop that the latch engages is adjustable by loosening the two screws and then aligning the hoop.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,532 Posts
Also check to make sure the glove box door is closing completely. The metal hoop that the latch engages is adjustable by loosening the two screws and then aligning the hoop.
Plus, glove box fuse, rear fuse box, is #40, same one that powers the Bed Light!

1. I would/urge change fuse 40 from 15amp 04, 10amp 05, to a 1amp or 2amp fuse.

2. As Gary aka river_rat said it is probably just the switch/door adjustment.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just pulled the bulb with a pair of needle noose pliers. Don't need a phantom draw on my battery!

:black::smile2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts