Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed that the lock for the Glove box is the same as the ignition key and not the console key? If I have to leave my baby with a parking lot attendant I'm screwed! This is just poor planning on GM's part! The only thing the ignition key should work is doors and ignition. Having 2 lockable compartments using 2 different keys inside the car is lunacy or laziness!

Has anyone else run into this or am I just being a crank?!?!?

:rant :reddevil :rant :reddevil :cuss :nono

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I haven't locked it so I haven't noticed. I guess you would keep the more important things in the console, maybe they won't know it is a console and just think it is an armrest.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I haven't locked it so I haven't noticed. I guess you would keep the more important things in the console, maybe they won't know it is a console and just think it is an armrest.

Or just put the valuables in the console?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Consoles kinda small

Not only that but the button to release the rear hatch is in the GLOVEBOX!!!!! Not the console, see what I mean?!?!?! Bad design, if I'm keeping goodies in the back, I want to keep away from the baddies, I can't lock the trunk!!!!
:mad :mad :mad

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Attendants

I don't think I would leave my SSR with a parking attendant.
Remember Ferris Beuller??? Anyone? Anyone?
Dave

·
Registered
541 Posts
"Trunk"

howief said:
Not only that but the button to release the rear hatch is in the GLOVEBOX!!!!! Not the console, see what I mean?!?!?! Bad design, if I'm keeping goodies in the back, I want to keep away from the baddies, I can't lock the trunk!!!!
:mad :mad :mad
You can lock up everything (glove box, console and doors) and I can still get into your "trunk". Check your owner's manual for specific instructions.

Diggs

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
Diggs said:
You can lock up everything (glove box, console and doors) and I can still get into your "trunk". Check your owner's manual for specific instructions.

Diggs
But my owners manual is locked in the trunk in the lid compartment........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The casual thief

Just trying to prevent the casual thief, the professional is just going to tow it away, you gotta pick your battles!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts