Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
yellow / 2004
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handle broke on glove box as i was trying to open it. can't now. does anyone have a door for the glove box or know where i can get one
thanks

·
Premium Member
yellow / 2004
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i beleive the door is broke , I still cannot get it open . thanks Dicktator i will check it out.

·
SSR Believer
1,665 Posts
Are you able to insert your ignition key in the glove box lock and turn it back and forth a few times? Sometimes that will loosen the parts enough to open it.

There are three small 7mm bolts along the bottom that hold the glove box in. If you remove those three bolts that may give it enough wiggle room to undo the latch. You should be able to reach in and feel them by kneeling on the ground next to the passenger seat, no need to get on your back. Be careful to support the bottom of the glove box after removing the bolts though. Don't let it drop and don't force anything as it can easily be broken. If you still can't get it loose put one of the bolts back in to support the bottom and continue to work on the latch some more. I've attached Dicktator's DIY guide just in case.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
yellow / 2004
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help and info I really appreciate it. the handle is broken it broke in half when i pulled it to open it. so i will need a new handle. thanks again

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,356 Posts
@NAvyret5670, Glad you got it open.--- Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts