Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ultra Violet
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I did as advised a while back (around Halloween) and sent a build sheet request to the GM email provided ([email protected]) for #13435. Around three weeks later (a couple of days ago), I got this response:

Hi Jeff. Due to recent changes, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=1. We truly apologize for any inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dan G.
GM Customer Care Advisor

I went to the linked site, where they want "$50 USD" for the sheet. Seems a bit steep to me to essentially print a database request. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go next?

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
938 Posts
If you have not already done so, please search the VIN number using the search tool on this site. If that SSR has been discussed before, or if that build sheet was provided to the Forum by @Marc NY or another member previously it may turn up in your search.

·
Slingshot Rules!
82,989 Posts
I went to the linked site, where they want "$50 USD" for the sheet. Seems a bit steep to me to essentially print a database request. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go next?

Sounds a little "steep" to me as well.

Try these guys and see what happens . . . Home - Triple A Enterprises

Good Luck.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,032 Posts
Well that's disappointing that GM has ceased this free service. I guess they saw there was an opportunity to make a few bucks!
Very Sad!

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Registered
2004 Ultra Violet
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have not already done so, please search the VIN number using the search tool on this site. If that SSR has been discussed before, or if that build sheet was provided to the Forum by @Marc NY or another member previously it may turn up in your search.
Searched for "1GCES14P74B113435" on the site, without any luck. And Triple A needs a dealer invoice.

·
SSR Believer
2,805 Posts
Huh, that is too bad. At least it didn't go into a black hole and they let you know.

I went through their multi-step process to get an actual GM build sheet and window sticker and all-in it was about $100. Worth it (for us) though because I found out our SSR was just a little bit special.

There are places that will create "knock-offs", but it might be worth the $$ and effort to see if yours has some unusual history too.

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur with 6 speed manual born 05-02-05. 1 of 87.
34 Posts
Try your local GM dealer sales manager. I went to mine in Greenwood, SC and he printed it for me for free from his office computer. He appreciated someone so interested in the SSR. The worst he/she could say is no.

·
Super Moderator
14,220 Posts
So, I did as advised a while back (around Halloween) and sent a build sheet request to the GM email provided ([email protected]) for #13435. Around three weeks later (a couple of days ago), I got this response:

Hi Jeff. Due to recent changes, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting GM Media Archive. We truly apologize for any inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dan G.
GM Customer Care Advisor

Jeez, GM Cusomer Care Advisors don't have much pull
Until someone takes over the Build Sheet Requests thread that has access we are out of luck.
I have copied about 10000 Build sheets (every one ever posted on the forum) so I may have yours.

That recent link that people were using was a mess - could not read it and needed 20 minutes to amend.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like I got BUZZ’s build sheet just in time (couple of months ago). It was free, as I remember. I asked, then, if I could get a copy of the Maroney Lable (window sticker). Was told that it could no longer be provided.
At a price of $50, it sounds like they rather not be bothered with it.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The dealer service advisors can print a copy of all the service history done by a GMDealer (only). That MIGHT show the original dealer responsible for the first delivery. If so contact them directly.
option 2. A CarFax will show the sales history all the way back to the first owner, as well as the delivering dealer.
just a couple of thoughts. I used option 2 to find sales history on my 95 C4 Corvette, even tho the Corvette Museum has all the history in virtually every car built. Both sticker and build sheets.

Reactions: richsadams
1 - 14 of 14 Posts