Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the GM web site today and saw the base price of a 2005 SSR is now $59,995. Still too high IMO but it's a huge price drop. Glad to see that all the people who complained about the insane price got heard. Feel sorry for all the people who paid last years price.....

NOT! :jester

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Price drop?

How is $59,995 a huge price drop??? I still want an SSR but not at that price. They are sitting around our dealers lot and not moving. I remember seeing my first SSR at the Detroit Cobo Hall auto show in 2000 (concept) It was one of Mr. Lutz's "gotta have" vehicles. I was hooked until they came out in 2003 and the dealers wanted $53,000. So I'm still dreaming.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Quit dreaming

Note to Scheide

New fully optioned 04s moving at $38000 - 39000 on Ebay - isn't a better time to start enjoying one.
:thumbs

Note to Wylde - I live in a town of 6000 - when a yellow SSR drives by, and I know I have the only one within 100 miles in any color, I kinda notice. I chased him down to his summer home on the lake - he's from Calgary, and just bought it last week at Shaggannappi for $55000. Original list was $79870, GM rebate at $7500. Assuming the dealer had $9000 profit, he's into it for $63000, plus the interest on it since March. So selling it at 55000 put him 8000 in the glue - not much fun for the dealers. Several I talked to aren't even bringing in 05s. One dealer in Vancouver has 5 in stock. I reminded him that he wouldn't budge of the $79000 he was asking in February, and that I bought used in the US instead.

As far as the new MSRP, that's on a base truck. Add $10000 for the options, and it's still over $10000 out of sync with US pricing. It won't be long before prices slide below MSRP in the US on 05s, making slightly pre-owned SSRs very attractive. With exchange continuing to improve, it's not getting any better for the Canadian dealers. Even at the $25K below MSRP I landed mine at, I'd still be taking a bath trying to sell it. So, at this stage, the 06 6 speed is only a fleeting memory, and I'll just keep putting miles on my 03, smiling all the way. I'll keep tabs on production, and assuming 08 is still the end of the line on SSRs, I expect GM will do some kind of special edition. I'm going to work towards landing one of those with a 6 speed.

Ray

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Flassh...glad to hear you got one. As for me...the likelihood is become more of a "not likely" since I agree with you on the price still being out of wack. If I ever do buy, it will likely go the route you did by buying a used one in the USA. GM Canada still can bite me with the price but I give them credit, they are making an effort to make it more "affordable". My future convertible toy will likely be a totally custom 1970 Karmann Ghia, which I will build myself. It will get just as much attention as an SSR, who knows, maybe more because it will be a one-of-a-kind.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Latest Programs

Speaking with a friend at a dealership in Toronto this weekend suggests that, if you can find a dealer that will cut margins to near cash cost, it is possible to buy the 03/04 SSr for less than Cdn$50k as well as get 0% financing for up to 60 months and some sort of deal on gas (with C$0.90 a litre ~ US$2.90/ gallon you need it!)..... at the current exchange rate, the C$ price is just south of US$40k, not quite the US$35k deal that is available in the Buffalo area but about what SSr's are selling at in most areas of the good old USA......

:seeya d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts