Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not so in print ads.

I am holding a 2005 brochure for the SSR.
The GM Canada print shows all the standard colours.
Aqua Blur Metallic,Smokin' Ashphalt, Ricochet Silver Metallic, Redlin Red & Slingshot Yellow.
Printed in Canada by GM Canada.
Who knows why the web site is different, we strive to be different but lets call this one a screw up. Eh!!!
Scott Doran Redline Red #201 Canada's early launch viehicle. :party

·
Registered
180 Posts
You Bet Ya!!!

SSR' s stay on the lot in Canada, some dealers still have 03's and there 04's.
I had a dealer that got me a exec vehicle saved $33,000 Can.
I do realize that my SSR is a used viehicle but if it was not for the incentives now in Canada to dump the old inventory I would not be in a SSR. :party As we SSR owners know a great club to belong to at any cost.
Scott Doran #201 Redline Red. Eh!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hype over $$$$$

The Canadian SSR sales must be poor as compared to the US. :confused
The local dealer to me was all hyped up when the SSR was coming.
He spent a lot of time talking about how cool and how classic and how low the production was to be; all in all a great recipe for a classic. I can remember the Grand National, pre hype was well founded. Everyone has a
After the canadian pricing was announced he told me that this SSR thing would be a finacial bust. He ordered zero SSR's.
His choice was difficult because GM, has and still does promote their HALO SSR in ads etc.
There are not many GM dealers in Canada that ordered no SSR's and sold 2 mine did.
Most ordered 2 and sold none.
Case in point when I was in Oshawa picking out my SSR there were at least 10 exec. SSR's available.
At this point I would like to point out that the coolest truck made was sitting on lots not being sold. HELLLO !!!!!! do you think that maybe someone at GM Canada finally got the message. I applaud the guy's that went to the US to get thiers. I gave up and looked at Boxters etc.
But when I was on a bike trip with my son in the Eastern provinces last fall across from our Hotel was a GM store, on the front lawn was a SSR with the bargain discount price on the windshield. Upon my return I located my SSR.
I have loved every miniute.
Scott #201

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.