Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good News, Bad News;
There are no special rebates as of this morning on SSR, (per GM). Currently the special financing is 5.9% for up to 60 months. But they have now come out with a "Hot Button" rebate which is good for $1,000.00 on any GM vehicle except H1 Hummer. So, the question is, whats the good news and whats the bad news?
Mike :cool

·
Registered
740 Posts
What are the interest rates on all the financing options? I'm trying to decide between the smart buy and the purchase, but the interest rate on the smart buy is much higher than the purchase.

What is a 2005 likely to be worth in 3 years? 6 years?

I've always liked leases but now I'm thinking maybe purchasing is better.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lease vs Buy

I would not lease a vehicle in todays market. Money is too cheap. The only way to go is with special financing. Current rate for SSR, through GMAC is 5.9% for up to 60 months. Just financed one customer on a 2005 SSR, outside credit union at 4.99%. So some of the financing is there, you just have to find it, or have someone who is willing to help you find it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Watch Six said:
I would not lease a vehicle in todays market. Money is too cheap. The only way to go is with special financing. Current rate for SSR, through GMAC is 5.9% for up to 60 months. Just financed one customer on a 2005 SSR, outside credit union at 4.99%. So some of the financing is there, you just have to find it, or have someone who is willing to help you find it.
But monthly payments on leases are so much less than a purchase. And there's the risk factor, what happens if I decide I want to get rid of the SSR in three or four years?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leasing

Recently, GM had a 36 month lease, $499.99 plus tax for 36 months. They had this lease for about 15 days. The rresponse was soooo bad, they discontinued it at the first of the month. It was a subsidized lease, meaning GM had the residual at approximately 58% where most leases are at 50%. So if you are comforable with a lease, go for it. Myself, no way.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Watch Six said:
Recently, GM had a 36 month lease, $499.99 plus tax for 36 months. They had this lease for about 15 days. The rresponse was soooo bad, they discontinued it at the first of the month. It was a subsidized lease, meaning GM had the residual at approximately 58% where most leases are at 50%. So if you are comforable with a lease, go for it. Myself, no way.
:confused

That makes no sense. I can get a 3 year less for less monthly payment than a 72 month purchase. But if in a three year lease I pay for half the vehilcle, why does the second half cost so much more than the first half?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Residual is 50% of list price doesnt change with discounts or money down. Put a larger amount down or recieve a larger discount then the first half you pay back less money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is not a car/truck on the market worth buying unless you know you will hold on to it for 10- 15 yrs. I have benn in the car bussiness for over 13 yrs and the used market is bad because of the lease programs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
leasing vs. buying

SILVER GHOST said:
There is not a car/truck on the market worth buying unless you know you will hold on to it for 10- 15 yrs. I have benn in the car bussiness for over 13 yrs and the used market is bad because of the lease programs.

there is not a car made today that will last me 10 to 15 years because they replaced all the metal parts with cheap plastic. plastic will never hold up as well as metal but since it is cheaper and lighter in weight the car mfrs. insist on using it. personally i think older cars had a much higher level of quality than those mfd. today. there is no longer any pride in workmanship, everyone just wants something for nothing. just my opinion. :confused

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New SSR

Corvete99C5,
Sorry, only SSr I currently have is an 05 Yellow, with all options including gage package and trailer hitch. Was the dealers demo, has 1500-1600 miles. Have recenly been promoted to Fleet Manager, but the dealer will not let me sell it at fleet price or below invoice. (Sorry). If I can be of any further assistance, please PM me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts