Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a shipping confirmation for my new rubber floor mats that I ordered from GM parts direct. The confirmation said its being sent by "Flow Chevrolet".

·
Registered
374 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
Here is there Dealership web site. Its also GM parts direct. :ssr

http://www.flowchevrolet.com/index.aspx

Yeah, I found this out as well. Flow is a huge dealership, owning several brands. On their GM accessories website, the prices are retail and show installation fees.
Interesting that there parts department sells discount GM parts over the internet.

I used to order parts from Fordparts.com, they at least 30% off retail. Turns out it was a dealer in Washington state. There are a couple of dealers that you can order Ford Racing Parts at a discount trhough their websites.

Be nice to call and talk to a parts manager at Flow to ask about hose 3-sill kits shown in the catalog.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I looked at their site and the soft side bags are more than from GMdirect. Better do research on prices unless you don't mind paying extra.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Check Prices

When I was purchasing my Extended Warranty from Fichtner Chevrolet, I also spoke with their Parts Manager, Bob Wendorf about SSR parts at a discounted price. He said they are a supporter of the Corvette forum and ship a boatload of parts weekly all over the US. I think his sales are phone orders only. We talked about his pricing and I found him to be very competitive with GMPartsdirect pricing. Some things were a couple bucks more, some a couple bucks less. I think his shipping and handling costs are lower and that may be the deciding factor. Call Bob at 406-628-4618.

He has connections at GM to research hard to find parts and I found him a pleasure to work with. Let him know you are an SSR Fanatic.

Soft Saddle Bags P/N is 17800248 (you should get two in this package)
Cargo Organizer P/N is 17800245 (I love mine)

Good Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've bought many parts from them and had only good experiences. They generally have the lowest part prices, but make the difference up on shipping, which kills the price break, particularly if you only buy one of something.

For example, if I buy two brake caliper bolts (which I have to replace often), they list them as $0.92 each, GM price $1.59 each. I'm thinking good deal. But when I check out, shipping for the two bolts is $9.95 for a total of $11.79, or $5.89 per bolt. Ouch.

But, if I buy 16, enough for two complete change outs of all four calipers, the total is $24.67, or $1.54 per bolt, much more reasonable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts