Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wards Autoworld, a bussiness magazine, has an aritcle in their April issue on the price some dealers are asking over the MSRP.
"GM states it condems dealers who are charging above sticker prices for the Chevy SSR, but says the situation will cure itself in the next three or four months." :confused
I wonder what that means? It does not say they are going to do anything about it!
Go to WardsAuto.com for full story.

:boxing

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
I have been following some of the dealer inventories here in Florida. There are a lot of SSR's that have been on the lots for months. One dealer I emailed a month or so ago still has the three cars sitting there that he did back then. He insisted that the price was $50,000 and said he would get it. Well..... I got an email from him the other day offering any of the three for MSRP!!!! Maybe the consumers are finally getting to the point where the refuse to be gouged. One local dealer added 10K onto sticker on his quote. Duh... I think I'll buy it there rather than the dealer 10 miles away that will sell for MSRP. Thats a real no-brainer!!!! A couple just got sold on Ebay for quite a bit under MSRP. To buy out of state for $1000 savings almost doesn't pay. But to save $3000-4000 would give you the leeway to pick it up and enjoy a nice vacation along with it. And still have some money left over.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I went to a dealer in Marland yesterday to see the silver one they had. They are still asking 5k over invoice. The dealer I bought mine at is still aking 10k over on the three they have in the show room. I think buy know the high price is going a little over board.

S

·
0 Posts
I have a friend whose personalized plate says "BUYHI".
As for me the sticker is high enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts