·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few suggestions.

1. On Star
2. Heads Up Display
3. XM Radio
4. Dark Blue Color
5. LED Turn Signal Indication in outside mirrors.
6. Spare Tire

·
Registered
168 Posts
A Few From nostoc

I am very pleased with my SSR, with absolutely no problems requiring a return to the dealer. That's right...I have not returned once since my purchase last February, except to the parts department. I got some touchup paint and a second cupholder so we could both have a drink at the same time (pull-out on passenger side is too small). Many readers might think I am in the minority, but I suspect there are a lot of SSR owners in this same situation, we are simply less vocal with little to say. The people with problems are more likely to voice them.

My wish list includes: thermometer, light under hood (I check the oil every time I get fuel and when it's dark I have a hard time), and light over the bed (brown, did you say you got this from the factory?).

I already solved the compass and sound system issues by installing an aftermarket system. Come to think of it, I could add all three of the items listed above myself, too. Hmmm. GM guys, you did a great job as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, I guess it would be nice if the controls were more ergonomic and the readouts more visible (cruise), but I knew I was buying an American made product, not a Benz, BMW, or rice-rocket, so I didn't expect the controls to be like theirs.

As far as the chrome stuff...to each his (or her) own. I know a lot of people like chrome everywhere...I don't. The designers intended to add a subtle touch by using the satin finish instead of the shiny stuff, and I for one think they succeeded. The perfect solution is to offer a little chrome as an option...just what they did. There will always be customizers and after market suppliers to satisfy the wants of the chrome fanatics.

As far as price, I think we have just seen the free market system at work. I set my timing and pricing goals as we all did and have no regrets. The people who paid the most were first to enjoy this toy. The people who paid the least missed the chance to be first. I have noticed it doesn't get the attention it once did, now that there are more SSRs around. It was worth a bit more $ to me to see the reactions of passers by when mine was the first SSR they had ever seen. Those people getting on board now missed at least some of that rush.

It is as it should be...in my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
nostoc said:
As far as price, I think we have just seen the free market system at work. I set my timing and pricing goals as we all did and have no regrets. The people who paid the most were first to enjoy this toy. The people who paid the least missed the chance to be first. I have noticed it doesn't get the attention it once did, now that there are more SSRs around. It was worth a bit more $ to me to see the reactions of passers by when mine was the first SSR they had ever seen. Those people getting on board now missed at least some of that rush.

It is as it should be...in my humble opinion.
nostoc has put it as well as it can be said.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:agree

Like nostoc, I picked mine up in March and never once took it back to the dealer. The only time it has seen a mechanic is for an oil change.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
nostoc said:
I have noticed it doesn't get the attention it once did, now that there are more SSRs around.

Sorry nostoc, but I disagree to that one statement. Although you do see a few more out there, you STILL get smiles and thumbs up and even the more-than-ocassional, "What is that truck?" kind of questions.

Believe me, you can't buy a more "exclusive" vehicle without getting into the high dollar exotics cars.

It's a keeper to me, so I don't care what I can get for it. "Ain't gonna sell it!"

·
Registered
407 Posts
i think nostoc stated his feelings very well and i will admit that i have never had a problem either. no leaks, no top problems, no shimmy, no loose fog lights, no scratched windows, no tonneau problems, etc.

i think cruzned got most of them! :cry

while i paid way more than some do now (i paid full sticker at the time and as i have said on previous posts i thought i was getting a deal) i try not to look back. of course i want to pay as little as possible but that is exactly what i did last year.

interestingly i noticed that nostoc's vin and mine are very close. wonder if that is when they figured out the problems.....

all in all we are one very lucky bunch of ssr owners and friends thru this site.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year :party :party :party :party

1 - 8 of 8 Posts