Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just got my hands on a Tech 2 hand held. However I have not got the 32 MB memory card for Chevrolet. Anyone know where I can get one of these.
I got 32 MB cards for :
Opel
SAAB
Isuzu
Suzuki

Equipment like this programmer is rare in Ireland, so getting access to kit here is difficult.

Thank for any advice
Richard

·
BLU SSR
3,537 Posts
Hi
Just got my hands on a Tech 2 hand held. However I have not got the 32 MB memory card for Chevrolet. Anyone know where I can get one of these.
I got 32 MB cards for :
Opel
SAAB
Isuzu
Suzuki

Equipment like this programmer is rare in Ireland, so getting access to kit here is difficult.

Thank for any advice
Richard
Hi Richard,
Check ebay , I think you might find one there. I'm jealous , let us know if you learn how to decipher all it will tell you!
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Richard....Atuoprof here on the Forum can direct you in the right direction. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Looking forward to seeing you in Ireland?

Dane

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Richard....Atuoprof here on the Forum can direct you in the right direction. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Looking forward to seeing you in Ireland?

Dane
Sorry to disappoint, I personally have not had to deal with the memory card. But I will gladly look into it. However, it won't be until next year. Marie and I are leaving for Rivera Maya early tomorrow ( Sat morning). My school and access to our tech 2 will be closed when we return until first of the year.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Tech 2 GM Memory Card

Richard:

For reference, the original Bosch/OTC item code number for the GM card is 0-220-299-4_003. The latest (and last) software version that was issued is V33.004 (this is the one you should get). The card should look like the one in the photo (no guarantee that the numbers will be identical).

To my knowledge the only reliable and officially licensed source for this GM-specific software is the AC Delco site:

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

You will have to contact them to determine how to download the software; they are set up primarily for subscribers.

I have zero experience with the use of cards that are furnished with or available for the Chinese clones of the Tech 2 programmer.

Another option might be to find a company that might be able to reprogram one of the cards you have.

Good luck. The Tech 2 is a powerful diagnostic tool and useful on our SSRs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Had a thought while sitting at airport. We had a local GM dealer update our tech 2 some years back. It helped that the service manager is on our advisory board. But it's possible your dealer could upload the software you need for less than an online subscription.

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of your suggestions.
I have to do some more research here.

I will try local Opel garage (GM)here, but don't have high expectations as Chevrolet was never really sold here, in Ireland they do sell South Korean "Daewoo" which are badged as Chevrolet, but these are not the real thing !

I will try eBay too.

Dane , 2019 is hopefully the year that you visit us in Ireland ?

All SSR Fanatics are welcome to come and visit us here in the "Green Isle"

Richard

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
Thanks for all of your suggestions.
I have to do some more research here.

I will try local Opel garage (GM)here, but don't have high expectations as Chevrolet was never really sold here, in Ireland they do sell South Korean "Daewoo" which are badged as Chevrolet, but these are not the real thing !

I will try eBay too.

Dane , 2019 is hopefully the year that you visit us in Ireland ��

All SSR Fanatics are welcome to come and visit us here in the "Green Isle"

Richard
Send me a pm with your email address, and I can forward several photos I took of your truck at SEMA 2004.

Reactions: Ireland SSR
1 - 10 of 10 Posts