Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no problems following the rules or a thread being closed but I did censor myself, didn't I? I did not spell any vulgarity, did I? I never supported this site financially so I guess you can ban me if you like.

I was just letting GM know that what they did was not appreciated by a consumer. Why the censorship? Aren't you guys taking this "be nice" thing a bit too far? Don't be inflammatory? Give me a break man. Don't you think a site about SSR should reflect the opinion of it's members and how they are being screwed by the dealers and GM?

Yes I did toy with the idea of selling the SSR for a profit the summer before it came out. But as you all know I did fall in love with the car and kept it. I really would have never sold it. It was just nice to dream for a while. I enjoy the car more than any other car I have driven, but that doesn't mean I am enjoying this sudden drop in the value of what I own. Anyone who says they don't mind it, is lying. Half of what I paid for in less than a year is not typical for American cars Flaaash.

You blame the dealer, I blame GM. Most car companies (not even PT people) do not have major upgrades for a few years. These idiots did it in 6 months. Were there rumors that they would do that? Sure, but you know how rumors go in car business.

Did I buy the car to be the first on the block? Sure but I would have waited if I knew the 05 would get a bigger engine, a stick, and be cheaper. If they would have made it clear that the bigger engine was coming, I bet you that 95% of you guys would have waited, first one on the block or not. So don't lecture me on that please.

I don't appreciate being censored. I did not swear and did not spell any vulgarity. The essence of my message was to express my displeasure with what GM and the dealers have done to this beautiful car. Any other way of wording it would have limited my ability to let them know how I feel.

The fact that you guys closed the thread, send me warnings via PM, and are even offended by the initials of a swear word is offensive, unnecessary, and kind of funny. I was not amused though...

Now having gotten that off my chest :yesnod , I love this car. I'm looking for the summer when I can find someone to install a supercharger for me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why I Like This Site

I find this site very entertaining and informative.

The other thing that stands out is the totall absense of profanity.

Curse words, do not help in making a point about a truck.

Hit your thumb with a hammer, go ahead, curse.

Just don't post it here. Other sites I have visited allow small amounts of curse

and it adds nothing. Keep it clean, keep it real :grouphug

Scott Doran #201

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott Doran said:
I find this site very entertaining and informative.

The other thing that stands out is the totall absense of profanity.

Curse words, do not help in making a point about a truck.

Hit your thumb with a hammer, go ahead, curse.

Just don't post it here. Other sites I have visited allow small amounts of curse

and it adds nothing. Keep it clean, keep it real :grouphug

Scott Doran #201

I don't know about you but @#$% and initials of a word are not really cursing, is it? They have been, here and other boards, an effective way of keeping things clean and expressing yourself at the same time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Red - One rule of the board that you may not be aware of is that you need to take complaints about the way it is run to email or private messages. Do not start a thread like this again if you wish to continue as a member at SSRfanatic. Understood?

I sent you a PM on the matter that you should have read long before this thread was started. In other words, you should have known why the thread was closed already.

This is not open to debate. I do not wish to have profanity on this board. I consider your post to have contained profanity. That is why it was locked.

We reserve the right to edit or delete any post that we see fit in order to keep SSRfanatic the fun, positive and civil place that it (mostly) is. That may be due to profanity. It may be due to someone troll baiting. It may be due to someone constantly ranting or making negative comments without adding much positive.

The final word is that this message board is privately owned property. Act like you are a guest at someone's house during a party and you will find that you are acting in a way that everyone in our community will benefit from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.