Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a phone call last night from General Motors asking how I liked my SSR? The usual questions were asked, how do like the truck, how did the dealer treat you, etc. What I did get from the phone call that I liked was a GM Internet link. Probably all SSR owners have been contacted and told of this link. What is nice about the link is all owners will be informed of needed maintenance and a record is kept of all service work done. Of course this is an advantage for GM to get your SSR in for regular service, but it will be a needed reminder for me as I don't drive my SSR more than a hundred miles a week. The link is mygmlink.com, if you haven't been informed of this link, give it a try, it will also direct you to chevymall, which is strictly for buying items.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Only 2004's

When I tried to register - it wouldn't take my 2003 VIN. When I tried by vehicle type it only listed 2004 for a model year. I'm currently on the phone w/ mygmlink to see if I can get my 03 registered... Will post the answer when I get it.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Working on it...

Per GM they are working on it... 2003's soon...

I spoke to a very helpful staffer at GM - she was excited to hear that we SSR owners have a web site like ssrfanatic to turn to for info. I had given her a 'heads up' that they may get a few more calls from 2003 owners trying to register.

She even called back - to verify the site name, and I walked her thru the site. She seemed to think the site was very professional (Thanks Troy!!!).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kwhopper89,

I see they also have a feature to download to a PDA, which I have. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. I didn't have to enter my VIN number when I logged onto the site, so that must be done by GM which is the reason they are working on the 2003 units? Good luck, looks to me like a very good site to track service and register a complaint if the dealer isn't doing their job.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Me too. regestering at mygmlink.

It would not accept my vin# for a 2004 model either. I just clicked the contact us link at the top of the page, explained the problem, and it was taken care of.

They said they were having problems with vin DB not being correct.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

Hey Troy, I just noticed the SSR link icon just showed up in Foxfire.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
99 & 201

Hey Beer,

You're just up the Golden State Freeway from me...

I was advised not to start logging my services until they get the data bsae figured out.

The PDA thing sounds good to me too...

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
MyGMLink

After cruisin Ed's questions about what service should be performed when (dealer suggested vs. GM) I decided to revist MyGMLink to see if I could now register my 2003 and see my service history and service schedule. Well it still wouldn't take my VIN number, but I decide to fool it.....where the '3' is in my VIN indicating the year, I put in a '4'. I don't know who that will screw up, but now at least I can access more information than before. I didn't know I should replace the fuel filter after 25k (I wonder where my SSR manual is). But i just recently did it anyway (after 40k).

For those of you who want this info it is available at MyGMLink.com:

Owners Manual
Supplement: Getting to know your 200? SSR
Warranty Coverage
Pocket Reference Card (gives contact info on your preferred dealer, GM assitance, and your state motor vehicles. Can add other items too)
Vehicle FAQ
GM Video Library (hmmm....I'll have to check this out)
and Locate a Dealer.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Great Forum with Great Members!

kwhopper89 said:
... She even called back - to verify the site name, and I walked her thru the site. She seemed to think the site was very professional (Thanks Troy!!!).
I totally agree with Keith. Troy has been the fundamental instrument in making this site a very clean and professional one! :cheers

Certainly our main stay members have been another reason why we have been able to keep our site that way. Our members do make John's and my job much easier too by PMing us and giving us heads up on any new issues or problems that may arise when we are not around.
:thumbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts