Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my GM12-AUX2 from Logjam today to connect my Sirius Satellite radio. The built in FM transmitter just did not give me the sound quality I was hoping for. Tones were a little flat and some static on occasion. Satellite radio should be clear and crisp. I know some of you have had your AUX. adaptors installed for a while and just wondered what you thought of them for quality and function. I have been reading up on the removal of the upper dash and think I have a good feel for that. If I understand correctly this can be removed without removing the dashboard airbag by carefully working the dash over it. Any quirks or pointers about the install and setup that will make my installation go smoother would be appreciated.

Thanks / Dave

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Is that the only way to get to the antenna plug in for the adapter? Can't you just simply pull the antenna connection at the windshield and make a connection with that plug right there? Seems like it might be easier than pulling the top of the dash. Safer too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
drhude You can remove the top of the dash and that will give the access to the back of the radio with out taking the front apart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed the GM12-AUX2 adapter over the weekend and what a difference. I was not satisfied with the sound quality of my SIRIUS radio through the built in FM transmitter, it had poor tone quality and some static. With the adaptor installed it ROCKS! Sounds every bit as good as the CD. The dash removal instructions provided on another thread by "shiftz33" were invaluble. Other than working the dash cover around the airbag cover it really wasn't to bad. The whole job took me about 2 hours and I took my time to make sure I didn't break anything. The only thing I will do different if I ever have to take it apart again is to cut out a small portion of the lip on the dash front that goes behind the airbag pad. It will make it much easier to remove and reinstall and you will not be able to see it at all. The dash retainer clips are made of plastic so be gentle popping them free. Thanks to everyone for the other posts on this subject, it gave me the knowledge I needed to tackle this job. I also relocated my satellite antenna under the top dash cover and it works great and is out of sight.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts