Chevy SSR Forum banner

Go Figure

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DavesSSR 
#1 ·
I spoke with my dealer today and guess what? My '05 SSR is due to be delivered to the dealer on November 18th!! So much for the 10 weeks, then 5 weeks from the time of assembly. The sales manager stated that the vehicle was shipped on November 3rd. I was confused since GM said that it wasn't going to be built until this week. The order was accepted by GM on October 25th. What the explanation seems to be is that there was one in process that fit my exact order and the original activity that submitted the order backed out and mine was moved ahead of schedule. So what!!!! The almost 4 month wait is over! Yes!! Also, true to form they are coming through with the final price of $217 over factory invoice. This probably explains why the dealer received the running boards and the accessory gauge package on November 8th...the day the vehicle was to come down the line. Cleavermodels

#2 ·
Right ON! You sound as excited to get your SSR as I was at this time last year to get my '03...

Did you get a VIN # yet?

I had already figured out what CD's I was going to play 1st - Linda Ronstadt's version of "The Waiting" (Feels like home album) followed promptly by Stevie Ray Vaughns version of "Tax Man" from the Greatest Hits CD!!!!

Now I can't get Charlie Hunter and Stanton Moore out of the player!!!

#8 ·
Since I had ordered my SSR in June of '03 - and with the production delays - as soon as I had a VIN I was relieved to know that mine was actually being built - my production week had slipped several times while the production line was being 'fine tuned' - so that was a BIG deal to me...

As beer100 stated - the VIN now goes to show how many SSR's have been produced...

#9 ·
The one I am waiting for is 17082. Is there a number the dealer can call for delivery date?
The search I did in my area in NJ shows the vins in the area of 16000 and up are all on the lots already. Mine seems to be the highest number so far.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.