Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a recent SSR gathering, redwingflier finally noticed that his Chevy bowtie on his tailgate was completely silver with no gold. We then looked at the front bowtie and it was gold. Lloger metioned that he seemed to remember where Chevrolet was having a problem with the gold plating process? Does anyone out there also have a bowtie that is silver with no gold? Redwingflier is hoping his is one of a kind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gold Bow Tie

Mine are Gold....I would like for them to be the Silver instead of the gold. Can you get them in Silver? Mines a Richochet Silver SSR.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Fred, I noticed that on Jessie's :ssr yesterday but didn't look at the front bowtie, just assumed he had changed it out for the silver billet himself...

so much for assumptions...all mine are gold

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glopjo said:
Mine are Gold....I would like for them to be the Silver instead of the gold. Can you get them in Silver? Mines a Richochet Silver SSR.
Redwingflier might be willing to trade you for the gold? Obviously the silver only does exist, but I'm guessing redwingflier's bowtie missed the gold process? Mark NY mentions that concept had only silver. I would think that the gold stands out nicely on all colors of the SSR and you wouldn't want silver only. Everyone to their own taste, but I'm with Henry Ford, you can buy it in any color as long as it's black (smokin Asphault) in my case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Silver Bow Tie

The silver box tie on my SSR does not seem to be discolored. It is a 2004 made on a Monday. Up untill Sunday All new was sliver. It would be like giving back an egly puppy. Redwingflier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts