Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen alot of posts about how bad the GM techs are...what I'd like to hear is how many of us have had a great experience with there chosen service department? Before I got in this bussiness, (Service Manager at a Chevy dealer) I had a great experience that I have ever since tried to live up to in my own career. I took my car in for just some basic work and when I got it back my service writer told me they had a slight accident with my car. A mobile transmission flush machine had rolled into it and dented the passenger side door. They did not try to deny it once, the service manager made sure I got a ride home(from him personaly) and took care of the repair right away as well as paying for my repairs that I had come in for. So if anyone else has a great story to tell, shout it out!!! :ssr

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I have had good experience at my dealer (Van) they have been able to work out the problems and even let me tell them what should or shouldn't be done. :lol They replaced the hood insulator even though it wasn't anyone mistake just the hood adjustment was to high and made marks. :thumbs:flag They put my new gas pedal on without charging me!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
On balance, most of the experiences I've had at Mac Haik in Houston have been positive. Whenever they're late delivering or can't fix it the first time around, they've given me a chit for a free oil change (with Mobil 1). The service guy I used to have there answered probably 20 calls from other dealerships from the reference I posted on this site on how to fix the weather stripping "flop over the window" problem.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Service!

Thats the reason I buy from Classic Chevrolet in beautiful uptown Owasso Ok.
My 04 3/4 ton ac accuature is setting off the heater on the drivers side. started today in Arkansas, 4 times on way home. Have to pull over kill the motor, then start back up to reset its self. pass side still cold air. they give me a new 05 Avalanche LT Z71 to drive untill mine is fixed. I would say that is service. plus their tecks know a little about the SSr. Good straight honest people for any bussiness.
BobA :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya

ps: it is one of their demo's but it sure beats any of the cars they could have given me....... unless it might be fun to drive that red SS supercharged Cobalt they have on the floor next to the black one. :lol

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
We've had excellent service from our dealership (Bill Heard in Plant City, FL). They have addressed every issue we have taken to them, and if they have to keep the car they have always given us a loaner. When we tell people how happy we have been with this dealership we get mixed reactions - I guess we have been lucky, but there is nothing I can complain about in our dealings with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originating Dealer vs. Other dealer

The dealer I bought from has lied to me about so many things I don't trusted them at all and they have been in Nashville the longest - eighty something years. On the other hand Tom Bannon is very customer service oriented. I bought an "03 Impala LS from them and loved doing business with them. So now I take my SSR to them for warranty/service. I've done business with Bill Heard, Jim Reed and Tom Bannon all three in Nashville. Tom Bannon can't be beat on customer service. They just didn't have the SSR I wanted and admitted they couldn't offer me the same deal I got at Jim Reed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
vettegirl said:
We've had excellent service from our dealership (Bill Heard in Plant City, FL). They have addressed every issue we have taken to them, and if they have to keep the car they have always given us a loaner. When we tell people how happy we have been with this dealership we get mixed reactions - I guess we have been lucky, but there is nothing I can complain about in our dealings with them.
vettegirl,

Have you guys seen this link?

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4245

I notice that you are in the area, what do you think?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
189 Posts
Maryland Chevy Service

I would strongly recommend that anyone in the greater Washington DC area take their SSR or any other Chevrolet Car, Truck, or van over to Oursisman's Rockmont Chevrolet their address is 15301 Frederick Rd, Rockville, MD 20855, the phone number is (301) 424-5900. The General Manager (SSR Owner) is Ken, The Service Managers name is Jerry (20+ year service guy). I drive my SSR up from Florida to have these folks work on it! They are the best folks that I have ever done business with PERIOD :thumbs

Regards,

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts