Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best wax to use on black finishes? I have tried about all kinds I think.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
4SMOKIN said:
What is the best wax to use on black finishes? I have tried about all kinds I think.
Two choices that I recommend are:

ZAINO ZAINO I use this on my Harley and it always looks WET!

or

MEGUAIRS MEGUIARS This company has always put a lot of R&D to make their products better and better every year! (And they sponsored a lot of automotive related events!)

I am sure that you will get 100 different opinions from 100 diferrent people, but these two companies always rise to the top of most lists.

Good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Waxing

Well that is a touchie ? i read and read finally i tried the Zanio Wax you find here in the threads the first time if you do it step by step is muder alot of work i mean work with clay bar then wash then polish then spray then polish and so on so on but the end results i couldn't belave took me two full days in garage to do the whole thing inside out.Iam what they call a perfectionist and let me tell you i use it with out thinking of anything else it work so great you might find yourself saying damm why am i doing this but the after affect is unbeleavible wooohooo lol so i do the interior with zanio also the Leather condioner the whole kit and ya i have reordered a few times cause iam sold lol and i don't even know who really sells it lol but i can say you will be happy with the after affect and on Black probllay use #5 more often as it does take the swirls out do that two to three times then the #2 for show polish also the spray inhancer and damm you won't want to drive it lol thats my problem.Not trying to sell this for or to anyone but just my personal exp iam a happy camper but its alot of work.Hope i helped lol maybe you want an easier way Doug. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Zaino

I'm with Doug. Finally tried Zaino a month or so ago, after reading the Guru Report on Waxes - nothing, including Meguiars' 3 step formula, which I had used till then, even came close. Started with my 99 Sonoma to check it out. Did the wash down, claybar, 4 coats of #5, 2 coats of #2, using the detailer between steps. Absolutely incredible finish.

Best compliment was when I took the Sonoma into town to pick up parts at the locl speed shop, and was asked if I had just repainted it by one of their detailers.

Did the same with the SSR. I was really surprised at the claybar process. The SSR was actually "dirtier" than the frequently waxed Sonoma. Did the same - 4 layers of #5, then so far 2 of #2. It's at its most impressive when you wash your truck - the beading is amazing. It's also neat to watch water drops roll off driving through a rainstorm,

I just took off the rear fender gravel shields - major pain in the butt to clean off the 2 sided tape, but really cleans up the look of the SSR. I'll repaint them, put fresh 2 sided tape on them, and re-install them if we do another major road trip.

Now back to the SSR for a few more layers of Zaino.

Ray

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good Wax

It just so happens I own a Detailing Co, (yacht maintenance) the best products we have found (longevity, ease of use and SHINE) are the Meguiar's and Stuf Products. www.stufproducts.com

Stuff is designed by a bunch of race car drivers and hot rod builders. Their products are hand made and bottled. I wasn't excited about trying something other than Meguiars - but after a bunch of free product - we used it on a few boats, and on our own show cars. The product is extremely easy, and lasts very long. Our vehicles get a lot of dust and dirt on them as we are building other cars, and we can just blow off the debris - thanks to the STUF, and when needed, there is a quick spray (usually not very fond of the sprays) that DOES work, with no leftover haze.

Meguiars and Stuf are the two I would suggest! Less work - More Drive! :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I am totally anal about cleaning my SSR and even clean out the tail pipes daily so that they remain highly polished inside and out and nothing yet beats Zaino. I use a special organic non abarasive polish on the pipes and chrome parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts