Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"got Felt?"

Can anyone share on the process of installing felt on the door panel window seal. And what type material is needed. "My tint man has steam coming out of his ears", I thought I would fix it and tell him that "His second tint doesn't seem to scratch as much". I feel terrible to find out after the fact it was the felt issue. My dealer just shrugged their shoulders and basically told me that it wasn't going to be corrected if there isn't a method to correct it under GM's guidlines or recalls. I am ready to fix mine..

:rant :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
541 Posts
We don't need no stinking felt...

...but we do need to fix the windows.

I got some self stick Velcro, about 1" wide. I used the soft (female?) side and after removing the inner door panel stuck it where the felt should have been in the first place.

That was about 3 months ago and we have no scratches on our tint.

Diggs

P.S. If someone has access to the real felt to fix the windows, please post info about it. I went with what I thought would work, but if we trade our truck for an '05 6 speed I may try to get "the real stuff".

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Proactive

I’m going to write to some after market suppliers such as C.A.R.S., who sell Auto trim pieces. Theses guys are in business to make money. If they find out that there is a 3 year back load of buyers with a need to solve a problem, they might just look into finding an existing workable piece, or produce one for us. :thumbs

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REBEL said:
I’m going to write to some after market suppliers such as C.A.R.S., who sell Auto trim pieces. Theses guys are in business to make money. If they find out that there is a 3 year back load of buyers with a need to solve a problem, they might just look into finding an existing workable piece, or produce one for us. :thumbs
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Felt

The product that you are looking fof is called ( MOLE SKIN ) this product is made for this application and I believe it comes with or without the self adhesive backing, you want the self adhesive type. It should be available from an auto glass shop or a parts and paint store. I did mine and it worked out fine. I will be picking some up Monday for one of our members and I will see if I can get some more specific information on it , like who makes it. I'll up date you with whatever I can find out tomorrow

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know who FIX'S all of your window-scratching problems where ever you live.....
The place is called www.EastBayAutoSpa.com in California. Send them your problem felts and they will mount the tried and true good stuff and mail your parts back to you........... They're advertising "Link" is on my website: www.SSR-CLUB.com (the only SSR Club in the USA)...... Steve ([email protected]) :flag :flag

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SSR-Club.com said:
I know who FIX'S all of your window-scratching problems where ever you live.....
The place is called www.EastBayAutoSpa.com in California. Send them your problem felts and they will mount the tried and true good stuff and mail your parts back to you........... They're advertising "Link" is on my website: www.SSR-CLUB.com (the only SSR Club in the USA)...... Steve ([email protected]) :flag :flag
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL BE TECH ADVISORS TO GM. THEY SEEM TO IGNORE OUR ISSUES FOR VERY LEGITIMATE NEEDS.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mole Skin

:seeya I went today and picked up 4 feet of 2'' mole skin to send out to one of our people
and while I was there I tried to find out who makes it and was told that they buy it from a parts and paint supply outfit. I'm sure If you have access to a good glass shop or a parts and paint store they should be able to get it for you. It runs about $3.00 per foot of 2'', and if you get the 2'' and cut it into 1/2'' strips you're all set

·
Registered
123 Posts
SSR club?

SSR-Club.com:
Have you introduced all of your members to this web site? I see you have 47 members. If you all posted on this forum we would all benefit from your experiences and group knowledge. I am sure if your members actively posted on this forum many of us would join your club and even make it nation wide. There seems to be a large void when it comes to SSr clubs. Does anyone agree? :lurk

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
SSR Clubs

Broomer said:
... There seems to be a large void when it comes to SSr clubs. Does anyone agree? :lurk
I have to agree with Broomer... there are certainly no SSR clubs around the North Eastern part of the states that I am aware of. I would like to see if we can get a least a National Group started someday.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
I have to agree with Broomer... there are certainly no SSR clubs around the North Eastern part of the states that I am aware of. I would like to see if we can get a least a National Group started someday.
I think we already have.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Reply back from C.A.R.S. on felt window rubbers .....

("Ed,
We do not make any of the glass window felts or channels. We purchase these
from other manufacturers. Call Clark's Reproductions at 1 501 767-1111. Also
call Steele Rubber Products at 1 800 544-8665 or 1 704 483-9343 or visit
their web site at www.steelerubber.com
Thank You,
Joe at CARS
1 800 CARS INC")

I have now sent a E-mail to new products contact at STEEL RUBBER and gave them this site page topic link. Myself a solid one piece felt rubber makes me feel better than adding on a skin to the existing factory seal.

M

·
0 Posts
What ever happened to "Mr. Tint?" I thought he had good info also. He gave me a suggestion for a good tint place here in the bay area of California. I forgot the name of the place. Anyone got any help?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
mnkybrs said:
What ever happened to "Mr. Tint?" I thought he had good info also. He gave me a suggestion for a good tint place here in the bay area of California. I forgot the name of the place. Anyone got any help?
He got angry, picked up his marbles, and went home. Sad that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts