Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally fixed. It looks just like it was before. I was worried that you could tell where the damage was repaired and tel the difference. The body shop manger told me his best guy worked extra special on the car and it shows. I can not tell the difference. They put on my running boards also. For those ordering SSRs, make sure you get the running boards, they are great.

I had forgotten how cool it is to drive this car. I love it....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Did you put up a string with a tennis ball in your garage so you know when you are clear of the door yet?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do I do that again? Where do I install it, the top or the sides? Have any pics of yours please. Thanks:cheers

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Get a piece of string. Tie a tennis ball to it whatever way suits your style. I used a net from an onion bag from the grocery store. Pull the SSR into the garage exactly where you want it. Get on a ladder that will reach the ceiling. Get a hook for the ceiling and attach the string w/tennis ball to the hook. Hold the hook in the air until the ball touches the front bumper of the SSR. Insert the hook into the ceiling at that spot. Now when you pull into the garage, as soon as you see the string move, you are in place. YOu could also put some thingy that sticks out of the wall that is flexible and soft and line it up with a part of the car, such as your side mirror that sticks out more than any other body part. That way, when your mirror touches the object, you are in place safely for the door to come down (but not onto your SSR).

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ball from string

I've seen other people hang the ball so that it hits the windshield right in front of the driver. That way you're not guessing the last 6 inches.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, I'll be working on that this weekend. I'll have to do that for my wife;s range Rover also. She keeps hitting the garage door.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OPTIONS

ORGANIZED LIVING, (AND PROBABLY MANY CAR PARTS STORES), SELL A RUBBER STOP MATT THAT HAS TWO RAISED AREAS ON IT SO WHEN YOU RUN OVER THE FIRST RAISED AREA THE TIRE WILL BUMP THE SECOND ONE. THE FRONT TIRE CRADLES BETWEEN THE RAISED AREAS. I'VE USED THEM FOR YEARS. THEY WORK GREAT!! THE TENNIS BALLS WORK FINE EXCEPT I WAS RUNNING INTO THEM OCCASIONALLY AND FOUND THEM TO BE A BIT OF A PAIN. YOU CAN OUTLINE ONE OF THE CORNERS OF THE MATT WITH A FELT TIP PEN SO YOU CAN ALWAYS GET THEM BACK IN THE CORRECT POSITION. ONE OF MY BUDDIES PUT CEMENT ANCHORS IN HIS BUT THE CORNERS TORE. I THING IT'S BEST TO LEAVE THEM UNATTACHED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts