Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Ricochet said:
RIPOFF!!! That silly thing cost $200! Sheesh :nono

Hope you got the crossbar with it...I didn't think it was too badly priced compared to some accessory items. The aluminum bar is well made, fits well and designed not to rattle. Whether it is really all that useful or not is another story.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ssr blur said:
Hope you got the crossbar with it...I didn't think it was too badly priced compared to some accessory items. The aluminum bar is well made, fits well and designed not to rattle. Whether it is really all that useful or not is another story.
Well thats what I mean the net is so small its almost not worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
6,370 Posts
Ricochet said:
:agree send it back and use the money towards the soft saddle bags. They are worth the price. Just my 2c worth. :thumbs

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Ricochet said:
Now now, if you can's say nothin' nice don't say nothin 'at all.. Mine looks really nice hanging on my garage wall..:jester

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ricochet said:
I was... disappointed... with it at first, and I paid dealer price. First thing I bought for my SSR and still at the dealer. Had stars in my eyes, what can I say.

That said, I use it constantly. It's extremely useful to keep stuff from sliding around, especially smaller grocery runs and things I don't want to keep in the cab. When you pop the cover, it's like a hammock and I've learned how to pop the lid, put stuff in the "pocket" of the netting, and just open the tail gate enough to close the lid, shut the tailgate.

The only real complaint I have is the middle of the netting is held by a velcro strip that will detach if something large or heavy is in the netting.

The bar, well, that's what you're paying for. The net is like $40.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My 'R came without the cargo net, and -- from past experience with similar solutions in other vehicles -- I didn't really want to spend good money on another one.

I got one of these, instead:

http://www.autobarn.net/higvehcaror.html

Fits into the back of the cargo area perfectly. I pull it far enough towards the rear of the vehicle that the molded "lip" on the base fits over the two cargo tie-downs on the floor, which are snugged down at the rear of their tracks. And I put some adhesive-backed Velco loop strips along the bottom edge, so it doesn't mar finish of the cargo bed strips jostling around.

When not it use, it folds flat, takes up little storage space, and moves easily from vehicle to vehicle. Even has a built in carrying handle.

The interlock strength of the collapsible sides (at the corners) is not perfect (kind of like the hold of the velcro strap in the middle of the cargo net under heavy loads, as reported above), but it does the job for most cargo.

Highly recommended.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
woohoo said:
Now now, if you can's say nothin' nice don't say nothin 'at all.. Mine looks really nice hanging on my garage wall..:jester
Well, :agree I should have asked here before I ever ordered it. GM Parts direct wont take "special orders" back so its mine any way I look at it. I ordered it because im afraid once the Truck is discontinued all that "stuff" is going to vanish. I even ordered a second set of bed rail strips in oak to have on hand or to change out with my silver ones. Who knows when I'll get the urge to "re decorate" :)

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
cargo net

cross bar sits in the garage but the net is attached to the side rails towards back of truck bed...soft side saddle bags sit forward in front of net...all is well, would have I bought it if the SSR hadn't come w/it...probably not, can I do without now...absolutely not...keeps everything from rolling around, good place to store the chairs, extra stuff needed for all those fun runs:) :) pictures of my configuration in "my gallery"

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
artsmart said:
cross bar sits in the garage but the net is attached to the side rails towards back of truck bed...soft side saddle bags sit forward in front of net...all is well, would have I bought it if the SSR hadn't come w/it...probably not, can I do without now...absolutely not...keeps everything from rolling around, good place to store the chairs, extra stuff needed for all those fun runs:) :) pictures of my configuration in "my gallery"
What is the reason for the cross bar if the net can be used without it? Im still a bit puzzled by that concept.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I took my cross bar out and I have turned the net 90 degrees and hook it to the D clamps in the rails.......I just have to be different :jester

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Ricochet said:
What is the reason for the cross bar if the net can be used without it? Im still a bit puzzled by that concept.
I think the cross bar gives you additional ways in which to mount the net...utilizing the bottom rails and not having to use the side rails, as well

·
Registered
164 Posts
No net....

Darn thing gets in the way of my golf bag... however, it makes a nice pouch for extra towels and those "experienced" golf balls that I find along the way:glol :glol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Ask Us First!

Ricochet said:
WARNING! Before anyone buys something else please ask all of us what we think of it ... our members will tell you what they think and what to look out for. :yesnod

·
Registered
740 Posts
As per a poster here, I got a big shallow plastic storage container, and used tie-downs to tie it to those little loops on the rails in the bed. It slides around a bit, but I'm happy with it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are pictures I took of my cargo organizer prototype. It mounts to the rails and can move from rear to front of the bed. The wife loves it to haul groceries in. I will be listing some of them for sale sometime after this weekend. The total cost with shipping will be $85.00 Dont know how much of a demand there will be, so I thought I would throw it out there to see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Ricochet said:

I agree totally! The net isn't large enough! And I'm not quite sure what to do with the bar minus the net:banghead

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like the option. Sometimes with a tall box, I can remove the net and just use the bar so the box or package does not roll around in the bed. Bottom line, you don't have to use the net.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I purchased the SSR cargo mat for the rear and the SSR three section organizer and it's great. The organizer doesn't seem to slide at all. I have things in each section and they go nowhere during take off or hard stopping. Both items were purchased from members.

I'll probably get the bar next.

:leaving :leaving :ssr :ssr :leaving :leaving​

1 - 20 of 24 Posts