Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my 05 Aqua Blur 6spd in Auburn, IL drove about 100 mi in 100 deg weather. Had the A/C going and the top down. What fun! Varied the engine speed by alternating between 5th and 6th, like Jim G said. A/C blew as cold as we needed (100% of the time incidently), the temp gauge stayed @200, never got to 210 and the driveshaft didn't "tink" once. So far none my worst fears have been realized. It performed just like it is supposed to. 2800mi to go before we get back to Redding, CA, so I'm knocking on wood tonite. My wife,Gloria, name it "Blueberry" because the color reminds her of Blueberries. We'll keep you posted as we go.

B

·
0 Posts
It will be one of your favorite trips. enjoy. I have had my 05 auto since january had one small issue don't even remember what it was.... it was a spark plug wire. not working properly. light came on but ran alright as long as you drove like granny lookin for her turn off. got 11,750 mi now. so don't worry. Even if something does happen ain't nutthin you can do till it happens if it does. :lol
enjoy carefree drivin. Over 2000 of us on here. I don't think everybody has had issues with thier SSR. Just sounds like it on this board. :ssr :thumbs :flag :seeya

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Enjoy John317.....and welcome to the family.

The road trips are the best. Picked up Penelope from an Erie, Pa dealer with 4 miles on the odometer. Drove 1130 miles in two days to get back to Fl. Do you think I varied my speed much? Nada.... Had the pin on 80 most of the way.

Drive it like you stole it :lol

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2000! Wow!

BobA said:
It will be one of your favorite trips. enjoy. I have had my 05 auto since january had one small issue don't even remember what it was.... it was a spark plug wire. not working properly. light came on but ran alright as long as you drove like granny lookin for her turn off. got 11,750 mi now. so don't worry. Even if something does happen ain't nutthin you can do till it happens if it does. :lol
enjoy carefree drivin. Over 2000 of us on here. I don't think everybody has had issues with thier SSR. Just sounds like it on this board. :ssr :thumbs :flag :seeya

I had no idea there are that many people on this board. That being the case the vast majority of us are either not having problems or not reporting them. I assume that it is the former. :leaving :leaving :leaving

·
180 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on the "new wheels" (I know it is more in vogue to say "ride" but I had to go retro once since our trucks are definitely retro).

Love the aqua blurr color. You'll be amazed how you will look forward to the most mundane things like running errands and even driving to work (if it is going to be your daily driver). I still wake up in the morning and say to myself--Cool, I get to drive to work!!

Went out cruising last night and must have had at least one thimbs up at every stop light.

Welcome to the site and don't be shy. Ask anything you want, someone ALWAYS knows the answer! :seeya

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Welcome Home Blueberry

Welcome to the family hope you found yourself safe at home from your trip. :thumbs Hope to meet you next year on the Kingsburg Run. Have fun with Blueberry you will love her!!!

Happy :ssr ing

:seeya Tony

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not Home Yet

crazyrtr53 said:
Welcome to the family hope you found yourself safe at home from your trip. :thumbs Hope to meet you next year on the Kingsburg Run. Have fun with Blueberry you will love her!!!

Happy :ssr ing

:seeya Tony
Have only gone the first 550 mi of a 2900 mi trip. We are in Sioux City, IA tonite and heading for Rapid City and Mt. Rushmore tomorrow. Going to see George, Teddy and the boys. So far it has been awesome and have averaged 20.2 mpg according to the DIC. That's on a brand new engine. Anxious to see if it improves after I have a few mi on it. :leaving

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking Forward

Kevin Honolulu said:
Congratulations on the "new wheels" (I know it is more in vogue to say "ride" but I had to go retro once since our trucks are definitely retro).

Love the aqua blurr color. You'll be amazed how you will look forward to the most mundane things like running errands and even driving to work (if it is going to be your daily driver). I still wake up in the morning and say to myself--Cool, I get to drive to work!!

Went out cruising last night and must have had at least one thimbs up at every stop light.

Welcome to the site and don't be shy. Ask anything you want, someone ALWAYS knows the answer! :seeya
At this point I look forward to stopping for gas or lunch just so I can run it up through the gears again. What a hoot!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
smooth sailing!

Glad to see everything going so well. I think you'll find that your mileage will be great as long as you're doing the freeway thing...I get 22 until I run into a lot of stop and go traffic...of course, 90 less horsepower as well :lol

Hope to :seeya and your better half in Redding soon.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Welcome aboard. You're right about the "trouble" posts. We tend to bring our problems to the board to let everybody know about them. I've had a whole lot more smiles than frowns.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rapid City

You should just stay in rapid city for a week, I will be there with about 750,000 of my closest friends that I don't know just yet. You may or may not know that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is going to be there in a week? Have fun and be safe!

My Best,

Rob V.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Welcome John 317

Enjoy your trip and get used to having fun, cause it just keeps coming. :ssr :) Blueberry is a really cool name, my Aqua Blur is "Betsy Blue," my Dad's 53 chevy pickup was" Betsy" and my grandpa's old truck was "Blue". "Blueberry wil soon become part of your family. ENJOY THE RIDE!! :seeya

·
Premium Member
31,279 Posts
StepPrinting said:
If I could only figure out a way to fit a family of 4 in my :ssr I wouldn't drive anything else :thumbs
Imagine it now: extended cab SSR. :lol

They've built stretch limos of pretty much everything else in the world. ... I wouldn't be surprised if there's somebody working on a stretch SSR limo right now. Kinda makes you wonder what they'd do about the top then eh? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lookingt forward to it...Art

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was the deal plus the vacation, an 05 6spd with all the accessories for $36,500. I shopped long and hard to find it. Heritage Chevrolet in Auburn IL is the smallest dealer in the smallest town I've ever been in. But there is a guy there named Ernie that is the best sales guy ever, he told me what he had and what he'd sell it for. I told him I wanted it and would be on a plane by the weekend. Asked him if he wanted a deposit, he asked me if I was coming for sure, to which I replied yes, so he said just bring the money with me, the car was mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts