Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so happy I got my vin. number its 1988. It not shiped yet the dealer said I should have it in a week are two at the most .I cant wait its been 19 months. :angel :jester :D

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Getting the VIN is a BIG rush! I got mine on 11/18 - #1740. Per the dealer it will be at his shop on Friday 11/28.

I purchased via ebay in May - from a Montana Chevy dealership, thinking a summer trip back to California would be pretty cool! Well, now I get to see just how well the traction control system works when I go pick it up next week.

·
Registered
566 Posts
SSR's at COMA CHEVROLET

Nearly forgot to mention that on the way south on 405

I saw one black SSR in their exibition area that you can see from

the freeway...My aunt said they had 5 there a few days back

so I had to check as I went by..may be sold ..not sure..

COMA CHEVROLET is in the town of CARSON south of

GARDENA.

KWHOPPER: Your gonna love it!!!!!!!

Ladyinred, Lizz:angel

·
Registered
705 Posts
I got my VIN on Tuesday, had the car on the same Friday. It was pretty quick but I live in Chicago metro. 1725

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God Speed

Hope you have a safe and wonderfull trip.Best of luck with your new ssr Kwhopper89. Tattoo Expert:angel :cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great News I got Confirmation of Build and S/N "Mine is 1916!!!!!

chuck

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats!!!!
Question? Is the last 4 digits of the VIN the serial production number? If so, mine is 1996 if I remember correctly. Anyway, supposed to be at the dealer on 12/15.

Waited a long time!

:thumbs

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
not sure but that's what i've been told! Build week was week of 11/17/03 s/n ends in 1916
PS it's a "RED ONE"as order was placed with dealer on Febuary 16 th 2001
chuck

·
Registered
705 Posts
My built week was also 11/17 and was built on that date (MOnday) and shipped on Tuesday. I thought that was pretty quick. I bet you that yours is in transit. Going to HI may take a bit longer than Illinois from Michigan. I do not feel bad for you :) you can still bring your top down when ever you get it. I got 3 stinking days over 40 (Friday, Sat, Sun) which I drove with the top down. Thern it started raining and got under 30:banghead :banghead :banghead

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got Mine

GOT MINE TUES NO 1690 YELLOW I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug :cheers :cry :jester

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actuall #1619 is not coming to Hawaii,I am going to keep it in Phoenix, Az. This might have been a better place for a Convertible but my wife won't give up her Corvette and we need atleast one 4 or 5 passanger car here (have a PT-Turbo)for that.
Thare are lots of convertibles here but we seldom even open the
"Sun Roof on the PT or Lift or the Center section of Corvette Coupe."Coming from Arizona we are to used to air conditing.
In fact except for the "Cool Part" I would have rather had a solid top and a cheaper price on the "SSR".(No Bashing Please) L O L
chuck

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My vin on my black beauty was 856. Guess she was one of the early ones. So far no probs. whatsoever and I have opened and closed the top many times.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Cruzned. CONGRATULATIONS!! on your black BEAUTY!!!

Cruzned, I'm sure you are on the road right now but whenever

you return to us again heres a BIG CONGRATS!!!:grouphug

Just finished another short trip. this time to Yuma,Az by way of

Lake Havasu and Parker along the beautiful Colorado river.

Put on 2066 miles so far since November 13th..

You can always find your car in a crowded parking lot..look for

all the people around it..even if you park in the back 40.

The top down really brings the honking and yelling. Surprised

that most people have never seen one or heard of one..this

makes us a very elite group!!:cheers Ladyinred, Lizz

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Just got done taking all the relatives for little cruises down to pungo off road for the ride of their lives. Man, the family had a ball with this truck this turkey day. C ya!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Most people are asking if I will drive it every day or if I would park it in the garage. I tell them naaaah. It has been sighted dozens of times around town. Like Lady in red and CRUZNED have said--
these babies are made to drive. I plan on sharing mine.:D

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Good for you Wayne's World. Everyone is having a ball checking this thing out. It is so nice to see an American Muscle car instead of a new rice rocket.

·
Registered
566 Posts
3030 miles later !!!!!!!!!!

Okay...where to begin...took another trip to Southern Cal this
time to Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Malibu and on up to Ventura...came back to Vegas by way of Simi Valley (saw fire destruction..really bad...) then thru the Angeles National Forest..
Beautiful up there..had the most reactions in Ventura..no one has seen one in person until now..most think it is a kit car until they see the top go up and down and I convince them it is really a product of GM..
Forgot to mention when I went to the Motor Trend show this past week in Vegas..and the girls there who hosted the GM area and the only one red SSR ISA..told me in answer to my question as to how many were built this year..one said 17,000. Somehow I cant believe this... they also said only 3500 were going to be built for 04's ..also none of the girls had a chane to drive one yet.

CONGRATS to TrexTex on your new SSR!!!You will love it!!!

:angel Ladyinred, Lizz

·
Registered
19 Posts
LCC is running about 55 hours this week. Doing about 70 cars a day +/- 5. I dont remember the last VIN stamped today but its pretty close to 2410. I hope that can give some of you an idea of when your car will be built.

This stamp happens on the frame line where the motor is set on its frame. Frame/Trans/Motor are stamped here... and its around an hour of line time before the frame is married with its body.

- off topic - GM has the ball rolling on making steering effort easier, not sure how long before that takes place though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts