Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grouphug Hey guys and gals! Awesome news. I won't have to wait until Feb. or March to get mine. Got a pretty good deal on my black beauty up in Northern Va. It is a couple of grand over MSRP but at least I don't have the expense of flying out to get it, drive it back and put excessive wear and tear on the new toy. I go up to D.C. tomorrow morning to pick her up. They just took it off the showroom floor and my leave day has been approved to go get it. What an awesome week! Sat in a Ferrari yesterday and zoom zoomed with a friend and now this! Life is soooo gooodddd......

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
MSRP+

Congrats!

Hope you kept it under $50k.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cheers Thanks, I plan on doing very little to it paint wise. If you saw the black one (Victory Lane Edition), I plan on doing a very thin to wide at the tail pin line that turns into a small tribal tattoo flame like design like I used to do on surfboards. Most likely will use one shot enamels so I don't have to clear coat. They work pretty good on small stuff like that. Right now, I just can't wait to go get the thing! Will keep it stock for a little while until I sketch a few things out.:jester

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cheers Unbelievable truck!!!! I am so stoked. Pallone Chevrolet in Northern Va. is absolutely awesome (off of Backlick Road). They gave me a fair price for the truck and treated me with courtesy and respect. This was the most seamless and pleasant vehicle purchase ever!!! This dealership is top notch. I highly recommend them to all in this area of the state or country. They were honest, straight forward, and knowledgable about their products. The ride home from D.C. was pretty wild. Saw a few accidents as usual for this area, one semi across all lanes spread out on its side closed I95 totally in both directions. What a mess. Some bozo in an SUV nearly swerved into me sideways because he was too damn busy on his cell phone instead of driving! That was close. Fortunately the left lane was open, otherwise I would have totaled the truck on her virgin voyage!!! I hate D.C. traffic!!!

I have one question for those of you who have gotten yours, where is the outside temp. display on the DIC? I could not find it anywhere? This thing has got so many electronic goodies, it is like getting a new computer.

By the way, this one is fully loaded, the 1SB package! Also got a respectable price on my trade in too! I was going to sell it outright but just don't have the time right now.:D

W

·
0 Posts
Cruzned - I don't think there is a OAT Indicator. But I seem to find something new on mine everyday - such as the accessory power outlet located at the upper right hand tailgate area. Guess that is for the air pump when fixing a flat, but would probably be a good place to plug up a trouble light if needed.
Amazing how many times I've looked in the bed area and never noticed that outlet.
And I know what you mean about DC traffic, I use to live there (now in Greensboro, NC) especially I-95 around Woodbridge.
I'm heading to my brothers place in Mineral, VA saturday to show off the new truck.
Hope you didn't have any home projects planned for this holiday weekend cause you sure won't get them done now - to busy cruzning in that Black Beauty. Have a great time with your new SSR.

·
Registered
705 Posts
no outside temp reading. I hate that. $50 car, lots of electronic goodies but no temp.. That's odd...

·
Registered
130 Posts
"no outside temp reading. I hate that. $50 car, lots of electronic goodies but no temp.. That's odd..."

:D This gives them something new to add to the '04 model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts