Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nerd:

In search of possible different ways to achieve getting my speedo back in sync with recent gear swap. Ran across this item at Speedway Motors.

But, when I entered my year/brand/model info as an SSR, it came back as "might not" work/fit.

I will contact them this week to see if this might be an answer.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Auto...niversal-for-Electric-Speedometers,66160.html

This unit allows nearly any electric speedometer to use free GPS signals to drive the speedometer. No more cables, no more calibration drives. If you've got an Auto Meter electronic speedometer, it's a plug and play solution. Calibration on non-Auto Meter speedometers takes about 10 seconds and doesn't require driving. The Module uses the fastest possible GPS technology for truly seamless functionality.

Lightning fast 10Hz Signal
Separate paintable 1" square antenna with optional magnetic attachment capability
Waterproof antenna and module assembly (IP67 sealed)
Factory calibrated for 16,000 pulses per mile
One touch calibration
Compatible with Electronic Speedometers Only

·
Registered
197 Posts
Normal method is to have the computer re-programmed with your new gear ratio. Probably cheaper than the above device. Could also get the cooling fans re-programmed at the same time for earlier kick on.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal method is to have the computer re-programmed with your new gear ratio. Probably cheaper than the above device. Could also get the cooling fans re-programmed at the same time for earlier kick on.
:smile2:

Yes, I'm aware of the "normal" method...........It seems that method keeps eluding me from being workable. You would have to peruse recent posts of mine regarding a 456 rear gear swap and related posts.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
Did you ever get your module unlocked and back in your R? Hope all is working now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts