Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at possible upgrades giving me a few more ponies while managing the household budget.
I know supercharging is expensive... and worth every penny I'm sure.
Has anyone tried the Granatelli/DiabloSport Predator computer upgrade or their Mass Air Flow Sensor.

Looking for input to be sure I make the rite decisions.

Thank You
bgetz :flag

·
Registered
421 Posts
Take a look at the Diable Sport Tuner thread in the General Discussion area.

matjow :reddevil

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ponies

Well bgetz,

Iv'e got an 03 and have made some performance mods.I went through Hypertech and superchips tuners, neither of which would work on my 03.I read about the Crane Cams power tuner on line and it seemed that it would work and had more tuning parameters than the others on the market.If you want some tire squealing cheap performance, thats the way to go.No fuse pullin crap or powerstat thermostats,just hook it up and have fun.
I don't know what your mechanical abilities are but I'll share with you what I think is a super nice modification. I installed a set of Comp Cams 1:85to1:00 ratio full roller rocker arms along with their hardened pushrods. The stock items are1:7to1:0 ratio and have roller bearings at the fulcrum only.This gave me about .040" more lift without messing with a cam change.I installed a magnaflow cat back system reusing my stock tips,and K+N air filter.This thing is really starting to become an animal and when I get my stainless longtube headers installed,I think I'll be pushing close to 375hp.My LIL RED THING really kicks ass.
P.S. While I had it apart, I polished my valve covers and painted my engine cover to match body paint and it looks Sick!

Craig 53WANAB

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
53wanab said:
Well bgetz,

Iv'e got an 03 and have made some performance mods.I went through Hypertech and superchips tuners, neither of which would work on my 03.I read about the Crane Cams power tuner on line and it seemed that it would work and had more tuning parameters than the others on the market.If you want some tire squealing cheap performance, thats the way to go.No fuse pullin crap or powerstat thermostats,just hook it up and have fun.
I don't know what your mechanical abilities are but I'll share with you what I think is a super nice modification. I installed a set of Comp Cams 1:85to1:00 ratio full roller rocker arms along with their hardened pushrods. The stock items are1:7to1:0 ratio and have roller bearings at the fulcrum only.This gave me about .040" more lift without messing with a cam change.I installed a magnaflow cat back system reusing my stock tips,and K+N air filter.This thing is really starting to become an animal and when I get my stainless longtube headers installed,I think I'll be pushing close to 375hp.My LIL RED THING really kicks ass.
P.S. While I had it apart, I polished my valve covers and painted my engine cover to match body paint and it looks Sick!

Craig 53WANAB
Share pictures, we need to see how beautiful it sounds! :cool

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
predator

bought a predator on e-bay and it ate my computer!! warranty covered the replacement. seller would not refund money but instead sent me another. scared to try it again!! what would you do??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Merlin,

What do you mean ate your computer? Details?

I am using the predator with no problems and really like the improved shifting.

I am curious as to what happened to you and I am glad you got it fixed under warranty :yesnod

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
predator

it downloaded from my computer and then lost its memory and would not update or return to original. it would not talk to the car and thus would not start it. was without a car for a few days while they located a new computer.. scared to try it again. only had the vehicle two months.who is to say that he did not send the same programmer back to me?

·
Registered
186 Posts
HyperTech Settings

I have a Hypertech Programmer and yes iam pleased with it but i have a few questions to those who have played with it.The settings like what are you people using for your settings i leave like the shifting firmess alone Gear Ratio,Transmission shift firmness i leave that all alone So iam wondering what settings others are using Thanks for any input maybe post what settings you use and what you set them at thanks for your time Doug. :yesnod

·
Registered
133 Posts
Merlin,

I also bought mine on the internet, do you remember who you bought it from?

I guess I would be leary if I was you. What did you tell the dealer happened to your SSR??

Paul

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
predator

have a chevy mechanic friend that told me to play dumb and say that it just would not start!! which was true!! did not know what happened?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
53Wannabe.... WoW thanks for all the advise.... looking at the Crane Powertuners now.... What Part number did you get?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yea bgetz,

I got the Crane cams Powermax performance power tuner part #1202-003.
This tuner is really cool in that it allows you to add timing in 10% increments depending on your upgrades like cat back exhaust systems and in my case Higher ratio roller rockers.
Check it out and have fun. It feels raeally good to have that kind of throttle response and shift speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts