Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slingshot Rules!
89,754 Posts

Kinda confused down here . . .

Why have the Top Down on a Convertible and then be concerned / worried about Too Much Fresh Air or the Wind Blowing?

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I believe the windscreen is the one made/sold by member "WINDSUPPRESSOR"//Ray...
I have the identical one purchased years ago...had a choice of border lighting...mine is
red which i disconnected since it hindered rear view mirror at night...Perhaps someone
else will chime in to verify...

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,969 Posts
@DOOPHUS Sometimes the Mrs. gets a bit aggravated with her hair whipping around in her face. Also my hat has been known to get blown off with a wind gust or a semi driving by the opposite direction. Dangerous running around trying to capture my hat on the highway! :eek: With a windscreen it reduces that interior turbulence significantly. I do have plenty of hats but as we know, "Happy Wife, Happy Life"! ;)

·
Registered
'04 pearl yellow with ghost flames
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe the windscreen is the one made/sold by member "WINDSUPPRESSOR"//Ray...
I have the identical one purchased years ago...had a choice of border lighting...mine is
red which i disconnected since it hindered rear view mirror at night...Perhaps someone
else will chime in to verify...
This one doesn't have the lighting. The address on the the box says its from a manufacturer in Michigan

·
Registered
Red 2004
46 Posts
I just bought a tempered glass one from Kappa Windscreens and love it for all the reasons above (good service too). Having dealt with plexiglass in side x sides, I went glass so can clean without scratching. If you live in an area that dust is not in your vocabulary then the plexi is fine.

·
Registered
'04 pearl yellow with ghost flames
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just bought a tempered glass one from Kappa Windscreens and love it for all the reasons above (good service too). Having dealt with plexiglass in side x sides, I went glass so can clean without scratching. If you live in an area that dust is not in your vocabulary then the plexi is fine.
I agree the glass would be nicer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts