Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Go to search

mikes mid-life said:
yes? no? what do you guys think? has anyone used the green air filter and if so is it worth it? Thanks Mikes Mid-Life
Go to search and type in: green filter:thumbs

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,301 Posts
green vs. K&N

Just ordered a Green one here from Mopac - $85 plus taxes
I've always used K&N in my other vehicles, but they don't supply just the filter for the '04. They are asking upwards of $460 plus taxes for the intake kit and the specs say you only gain 5 hp.

Sandy

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Had a Green for a year

Love it, got it for around $60 at O'Reilly's.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
The Fram AirHog is the same filter. It is colored Orange instead of green or red. I bought mine at PepBoys for $49.00 here local. There are all kinds of threads about the drop in K&N and AirHog filters.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,612 Posts
The 05/06 K&N filter (33-2322) was available for $47 from Kragen Auto when I had them price match Summit Racing's price.

The 03/04 SSR can use the 33-2118 K&N filter (I had one in my 03), but it's not officially listed by K&N. That one comes with a small foam rubber gasket to make the filter seal properly in the air intake box. It also cost in the mid 40s when I purchased that one.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Green is good

have used the "green" one for the past year. Paid about the $65 on ebay...so that is in line for the product. Another thing....the paper one the dealer offers is $35 to $40 and a throwaway so you can reuse your green after re-oiling.

Be careful when doing that to make sure no excess oil is drawn thru the filter.

P/P

Peace:flag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts