Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hugo
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I pull the green cable to release the panel behind the cab, add hydraulic fluid, push the panel back down, pull the red cable to relock that panel. thanks, Hugo, 305-951-4348

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,484 Posts
I think--maybe, after you put fluid in you can use the "Top Down" button to close it. BTW you do know those cables are really HARD to pull--!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
you need to put the top tool through the loop to pull the cables. Read the thread posted above very thoroughly!!!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
hugo,
What exactly is the problem with the top? You do have the correct fluid for the top correct?????

I think--maybe, after you put fluid in you can use the "Top Down" button to close it. BTW you do know those cables are really HARD to pull--!!!

Nick
Yeah, those cables sometimes work and sometimes not, a real "you know what" ordeal at times.

If you cannot get the top to unlock to get back in there you can always just take off the latch on both ends. If you look through the hole near where the headrests are you can clearly see the parts that prevent the top from moving and keep it locked into place. You might be able to pull the roller away enough manually to get it to open, otherwise just take off the bracket the roller fits into and reinstall once you get things open.

This is the bracket that needs to be removed in order to lift the rear up without power if the cables do not work.

·
hugo
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hugo,
What exactly is the problem with the top? You do have the correct fluid for the top correct?????

Yeah, those cables sometimes work and sometimes not, a real "you know what" ordeal at times.

If you cannot get the top to unlock to get back in there you can always just take off the latch on both ends. If you look through the hole near where the headrests are you can clearly see the parts that prevent the top from moving and keep it locked into place. You might be able to pull the roller away enough manually to get it to open, otherwise just take off the bracket the roller fits into and reinstall once you get things open.

This is the bracket that needs to be removed in order to lift the rear up without power if the cables do not work.

Thanks, Yes, I have the correct hyg fluid. Thought I had a brake leak which turned out to the cylinder fluid. In the process I emptied the fluid reservoir. Top is locked up and times out when the down position is pushed.
The goal is to get to the 8 cylinders to change the seals, could not get the special tool to release the top. 87 years old and ain't going to give up. Hugo, life member. THANKS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts