Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently working at the airport outside of Venice and thought I would pass on how much I miss my ride. I would love to have it here and just bury some of these foreign boys on the Autostrada (interstate). No speed limits and very little police and no radar.
Of couse with gas here running about $5.50 a gallon, one must have some extra cash just to afford to drive anything that has more than a 4 cylinder in it.
That's what I've been driving for the month, kinda like having a Fred Flintstone car.
But I will be back in two weeks ready to cruise once again in the good ole U.S.A.
Enjoy the rides and don't ever complain about the price of gas there 'cause it's a bargain. :flag

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trattoria at San Bisillio Vaperetto Stop.

Working in Venice must be hard duty, but somebody has to to it, right?

If you get a chance, please check out the the little Trattoria located right at the San Basilio Vaperetto stop. It is family owned and operated for over 30 years! Paolo, the father, is a great cook and Frito Misto is his speciality. Stefano is the host and bartender, very personable. Roberto, who speaks very good English, takes care of the dining room. Great prices and good company.. Tell them Dan and Luci sent you!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Gas prices

sxsvnssnova said:
Currently working at the airport outside of Venice and thought I would pass on how much I miss my ride. I would love to have it here and just bury some of these foreign boys on the Autostrada (interstate). No speed limits and very little police and no radar.
Of couse with gas here running about $5.50 a gallon, one must have some extra cash just to afford to drive anything that has more than a 4 cylinder in it.
That's what I've been driving for the month, kinda like having a Fred Flintstone car.
But I will be back in two weeks ready to cruise once again in the good ole U.S.A.
Enjoy the rides and don't ever complain about the price of gas there 'cause it's a bargain. :flag
Speaking as someone who has travelled overseas a whole lot over my career - we've had it good for a long time. We're still paying less to fill up a tank today than we were in 1970 (in today's dollars). I work for an offshore drilling contractor so I see what it takes to find and recover the stuff.

Enjoy Italy - one of the world's best places and some of the world's best people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts