Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. New member, just got my new SSR. It's the perfect car, I love it and my two teenage sons hate it and wouldn't be caught dead driving it. Fine with me.

Mine is a silver and I want to change the color on the front grill bar. With the silver, it kind of blends in and doesn't look distinctive. I want to remove the grill bar, but havn't figured it out yet. The owners manual tell you how to remove the grill bar in order to change the running lights.

The instructions say to remove the two screws. I got that part, but then it says to "release the tabs that attach the bar to the headlamps" What tabs? Where are they located? Simplistic instructions from someone that has done this before would be much appreciated.

Texster

·
Registered
322 Posts
Grille Work Help

Great Idea!

If you have the two screws out........there are only 3 little metal tension clips holding it in and a bit of velcro on each headlamp. It doesn't take much force.....pull on the bar towards yourself and the clips will collapse and come out. You may need to assist them from the backside a bit. The velcro is not too strong, its just the tension clips that need assistance sometimes.

I have a sharp grille set that is available - gives it some bite and a crisp look, they can be quickly put on in ten minutes with no tools and are ready to paint. (Modeled To be used with your original bar.)

Grille Set - clik here

Congrats on the new Ride! Hope I could help! We've had ours apart a bunch! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that one of the GM production enhancements would be a chrome grill bar. That would be a nice improvement?

·
Registered
64 Posts
grille set

Axiom said:
Great Idea!

If you have the two screws out........there are only 3 little metal tension clips holding it in and a bit of velcro on each headlamp. It doesn't take much force.....pull on the bar towards yourself and the clips will collapse and come out. You may need to assist them from the backside a bit. The velcro is not too strong, its just the tension clips that need assistance sometimes.

I have a sharp grille set that is available - gives it some bite and a crisp look, they can be quickly put on in ten minutes with no tools and are ready to paint. (Modeled To be used with your original bar.)

Grille Set - clik here

Can't get your grille picture to down load--- email photo and info

Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
DMW has a chrome bowtie grill on his custom red SSR. (look at photos in Dec 4 cruise run)
It looked great. Look into that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts