Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone e'mail me instructions on how to remove lower front facia so i can change the grill mesh behind it. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Instructions - no pictures...

Service Information Document ID# 1202118
2005 Chevrolet SSR

Fascia Replacement - Front Bumper

Removal Procedure
Open the hood.
Remove the grille applique molding. Refer to Grille Applique Molding Replacement - Upper in Exterior Trim.
Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
Remove the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
Installation in Tires and Wheels.
Remove the wheelhouse liners. Refer to Wheelhouse Liner Replacement - Front in Body Front End.
Disconnect the front fascia wiring connector from the body side harness.
Remove the fasteners that attach the front fascia to the fascia support bracket.
Remove the side fascia attaching fasteners.
Remove the front fascia assembly from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Align the front fascia assembly to the vehicle.
Notice
Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the front fascia support fasteners. Tighten the front fascia support fasteners to 6 N·m (53 lb in).
Install the side fascia attaching fasteners. Tighten the side fascia support fasteners to 6 N·m (53 lb in).
Connect the front fascia wiring connector to the body side harness.
Install the wheelhouse liners. Refer to Wheelhouse Liner Replacement - Front in Body Front End.
Install the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.
Lower the vehicle.
Install the grille applique molding. Refer to Grille Applique Molding Replacement - Upper in Exterior Trim.
Close the hood.

Other years should be the same.

Diggs

P.S. Pictures might be possible later, but I am at work and it just ain't gonna happen from here. :nono

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like a straight forward process. The plastic black honeycomb really doesn't do the front end justice. We are also looking at changing it....anyone have any ideas on what the are going to try and use? Stainless mesh? Aluminum? Painted stock pieces? Alot of sportbike owners make their own grilles from a stainless mesh. Very inexpensive stuff and tolerates paint pretty well. Not sure if it can be powedercoated.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Marginal Cooling

With marginal cooling already wouldn't you want to be careful not to decrease from the size of the honeycomb?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
rdreints said:
Could anyone e'mail me instructions on how to remove lower front facia so i can change the grill mesh behind it. Thanks!!!
What are you going to be putting in its place? Pics Please!!:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grill replacement

Summit Racing has a universal mesh Bowtie Grill that i'm going to use. part no. is AMC-821057P. I have ordered 2 of these their about 8"x 4' don't know yet how muck i'll need Price is just over 36.00 each.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grill

Yes $36.00 includes shipping. JCWhitney also has 3 different kinds 12"x60" at $79.00 + shipping. Thanks to Diggs for info on removing the front - pictures wold be nice but can probably figure it out THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
192 Posts
rdreints-

The bowtie grill from Summit would really increase the bowtie count on your SSR too. I wonder how many there would be after installing it? Maybe a couple hundred? Please post some pics after the install. I think the polished stainless would look pretty nice with most the SSR colors.

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts