Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you Fanatics that might have an interest in lowering your SSR, I just talked with Kent at Ground Force Products. He tells me the correct part number for the SSR is GF9990... That will lower 1" in the front and 1-1/2" in the rear by just changing out the springs. Your stock shocks will work with the kit!

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Also bought the Eibachs -1" front, 1.6" rear. In and out of the shop in just over 1 hour - hardest part was removing the fuse/relay panel to get at the top strut mount

Had an alignment done afterward to make sure I didn't mess up the new tires.

Ray

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flassh said:
Also bought the Eibachs -1" front, 1.6" rear. In and out of the shop in just over 1 hour - hardest part was removing the fuse/relay panel to get at the top strut mount

Had an alignment done afterward to make sure I didn't mess up the new tires.

Ray
Seems like the recomendation for a close to stock ride is with Ground Force. I want to lower but I don't want to sacrifice any ride. Whaddya think?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Go with Eibach

I got my Eibach Pro Kit from nolimitmotorsports.com for only $259.00 delivered. No sales tax. Free shipping.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but it bothers me to see how much these guys are charging for springs. I had 10 sets wound for me when I was fooling around with different spring rates, I was charged $8.oo per spring. I did have to pay for powder coating extra.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Springs

I put Eibachs on my SSR. I love them. I have used Eibachs on several of my vehicles and have good luck with them. Sorry, I haven't had any Ground Force products so I can't compare the two. I got a 1" drop in the front and a 1 1/2" drop in the rear. I can't tell that much difference in the ride. But that is my opinion. :cool

·
Registered
269 Posts
Rides fine

Eibachs are a great replacement spring. Smooth ride, lowered stance and great performance.

Get which ever one gives you piece of mind that you got the best.

You will need to realign the front end.

Total install and alginment was 208.00.

Scott

·
Registered
124 Posts
I installed the ground force on the rear only. Dropped it about 1.5 and it looks almost level. It is still about an inch lower in the front. Handle great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts