Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's different opinions on insurance. I got a quote for the silver truck $328 a year, 22k value, 0 deductible, must be garage kept and not use as a daily driver. Opinion on Grundy insurance positive or negative. My State Farm wants $900 a year with a deductible and can we use as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
My question would be.... How do they define daily driver? While I don't drive mine every day (I do have a Ram I use for work), I do drive it every chance I get (usually several times a week at least). Would it be covered under those conditions?

Grundy has been around a long time. While I don't have first hand experience, I've heard their OK.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I understand the value they put on it but the question to ask is it "Agreed Value" or just replacement value. If it is ever considered a total loss agreed value is what you get a check for. Grundy or Hagerty is best.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,956 Posts
The agreed value seems a little low. I just did my 05 last year with Hagerty and we both agreed on $30,000 with no deductible.

·
Slingshot Rules!
63,291 Posts
Daily Driver?

My Colectors Car Insurance on The Bummer (1986 Jeep CJ-7) only limits the annual mileage to 6k miles. Not a problem for me as 6k miles is more than three times my annual average.

The other stuff . . . Agreed / Declared Value is $35k with 0 Deductible for the Collision / Comprehensive which I believe is fairly standard for this type of insurance.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
We have had Grundy 13 years on the '66 Malibu and '66 Chevelle. Agreed value. no deductible. No CLAIMS with them so don't know how easy a claim would be settled. Talking to them, they say it's ok to drive for pleasure, BUT---the Print in the Policy is plain as to use only for certain conditions !!! Soooo, ours are insured with the other 2 cars on a regular policy so there is no question.

Nick

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
With Grundy, you cannot get "0" deductible in Pennsylvania. I have my 2 Vettes and SSR with Grundy and $100 deductible. Pay $1650 total.
Agreed Values: SSR $40K, Vettes $45K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a million dollar umbrella policy on my house and cars. To have an umbrella you must have all cars insured with that company. I have a 2005 and State Farm said it can be insured at the 15 year mark as a classic.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have a million dollar umbrella policy on my house and cars. To have an umbrella you must have all cars insured with that company. I have a 2005 and State Farm said it can be insured at the 15 year mark as a classic.
I too have an umbrella home owner policy. Mine is with allstate, i also have our daily drivers with same company. I was not restricted on collector cars just had to have certain minimums. My SSR and 1990 C1500 short bed (project vehicle) are with Hagerty with no problem. Old truck is even stated "driveway" storage.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,465 Posts
Well here we go again, I have been with Grundy for years, came from Allstate $1400 a year, now after all this time I pay $600 a year. They keep raising the agreed value so the premium goes up a little each year. we started at $39,000 now they say $58,500. Claims are very easy to file and close in a very short time. Needless to say I"m VERY happy with Grundy.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Been with Auto Owners for 24 years, no need to change, they are consistantly the lowest price on vehicles when coupled with home owners policy, which alone is a bit higher than USAA but packaged together, they are consistently lower than USAA and all others - I know because I shop them annually just to keep them honest. Every claim has been handled to my satisfaction without long drawn out negotiation or the need for an attorney. On the home owner front, they were the first one's in town after hurricane a few years back - I had a check in hand before neighbors had trees removed from their roofs! Totaled a 2016 mini cooper that I had put an additional $7k in after the fact add on's - 11k miles, I was t-boned by a very large cadillac at 60 mph+, AO paid sticker price of $36k + the $7k in exchange for 20 cents per mile deduction, had check in hand within 10 days of agreement. This was a "limited edition" model, KBB did not account for the extra cost at purchase. If they had held me to the KBB value, I would have lost close to $15k, that is when Auto Owners stepped up with full price offer less the mileage depreciation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts